• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stangfix Member Card Plates

Would you pay 10 bucks for this plate?

• yes

Votes: 53 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"apollard" said:
I'd get one. Heck, if you dropped off the members with zero posts, I might go from 180 something to sub one hundred in the member number.

Heck of a lot of zero posters signed up :craz

Your member number will never change. Databases don't work like that. All info related to you is related to your ID/member number.
The database will never re-issue ID numbers for deleted accounts. They have to be unique to function and it can't be unique if it's already been used. It also uses auto increment to assign the next ID number in ascending order.

So if a spammer signs up and gets member number 422 and I delete him, that's it 422 is over.

Your actual ID number is 275. The next person to sign up will be ID 383.

The 286 on the front page is a running count of current members. Not by their unique ID number which is the actual order in which they signed up. The 286 number is simply the result of a query sent to the database that basically says count rows of active members.
So even though deleted member's IDs are in a sense still there, there are not included in the count because they are empty.

Make sense?

[admin]WTF? How long was I typin' this reply[/admin]

"DeadStang" said:
I'll take FNG as my title. Little issue, tho, with members who might have more than one car...just hypothetically. Have to get multiples?

You can get as many as you want. You member number would be the same on all of them. The only unique info would be the vehicle info which we could put whatever you want there, vin, description, boss, shelby, clone, etc.

Steve is correct. The unique member number would be the number. Too much math in the way Steve did it earlier and it would be ever changing.

"DeadStang" said:
How do we know what our number is?

You'd have to ask Rick, Steve or me. I'll see if there is a way to display that info.

You are number 57.

othergame_nerdHerd.jpg

"Sluggo" said:
You'd have to ask Rick, Steve or me. I'll see if there is a way to display that info.

You are number 57.

Just hover your mouse over the persons user name, and it will tell you:

Over Ricks: "http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?action=profile;u=2" He is #2

over me: "http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?action=profile;u=26" I'm #26.

Wha-la. Nerd made easy.

"70_Fastback" said:
Just hover your mouse over the persons user name, and it will tell you:

Over Ricks: "http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?action=profile;u=2" He is #2

over me: "http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php?action=profile;u=26" I'm #26.

Wha-la. Nerd made easy.

Hmm, not that it's remotely relevant or important, but the mouse thing doesn't work for me (because I'm on a laptop?). I just go over the name and it says "view user profile." But you answered my question, anyway...57 is good, lol.

Back on topic. Might need a GT and a Mach, etc, etc, for all of the junkers.

"70_Fastback" said:
Hmm... Mine displays it down below in the browser.

My laptop does the same....#35....#24 on the current list of members listed by registration date.

It's displaying in the status bar at the very bottom where you usally see where a link is taking you.

Good catch J. Ya geek!

[admin]Does not work in Safari. Works in Chrome, Firefox and IE.[/admin]

"DeadStang" said:
Hmm, not that it's remotely relevant or important, but the mouse thing doesn't work for me (because I'm on a laptop?). I just go over the name and it says "view user profile." But you answered my question, anyway...57 is good, lol.

You don't have the status bar turned on in your browser. Usually it's under the "view" menu depending on what browser you use.

Regardless, you can go ahead and CLICK on your username to view your profile, and it will show up in the URL/Address box up above, in the same format Sluggo explained.

Steve

Geez, I got so excited about being #4 and I forgot to vote......as if we really need to.

Back