• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix Power Tour?

I'd love to do the StangFixPowerTour, SFPT, maybe over Labor day? I'll just have to take my FIL's '68 half owned (we split it) 'vert or maybe use my '61 Ranchero rolling basketcase if you'll let me, on a Mustang cruise, and I'd probably only be able to join an Arizona leg of the tour...if there is even one planned??

hey I just found out about Year-One doing a "Chowder Run" or mini power tour. Starts in Boston and ends in Georgia...
It's in September.
http://drivingithome.wordpress.com/drivin-it-home-2011-chowder-run/
2011 Chowder Run Tour Schedule

Start:
Boston, MA
Saturday, 9/10/11
Hotel Suggestion TBA

Stop 2:
Dover, DE
Sunday, 9/11/11
Hampton Inn Milford
100 Lighthouse Estates Dr.
Milford, DE. 19963
302-422-4320

Stop 3:
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Monday, 9/12.11
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach
1701 South Virginia Dare Trail
Kill Devil Hills, NC. 27948
252-441-2151

Stop 4:
Wilmington, NC
Tuesday, 9/13/11
Hilton Wilmington Riverside
301 North Water Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
910-763-5900

Stop 5:
Charleston, SC
Wednesday, 9/14/11
Shem Creek Inn
1401 Shrimp Boat Lane
Mt. Pleasant, SC. 29464
800-523-4951

Stop 6:
Braselton, GA
Thursday, 9/15/11
Country Inn Suites
925 Hwy 124
Braselton, GA 30517
770-868-5419

That Great Lakes MCA thing looks cool but it's almost the whole month of August. Anyway, these are the kinds of things I had in mind for us. We could try to tag along on one of them next year as a group or just make up our own.

Map done. Look in the menu above the latest gallery pics and click member map.

You have to edit your profile and put a pin in your location.

Our leader livin' on top of the dealers roof huh........at least it is not a drive to work. lol

"Sluggo" said:
Map done. Look in the menu above the latest gallery pics and click member map.

You have to edit your profile and put a pin in your location.

Cool, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I am finally on the map!...it only took me 5 or 6 tries to follow those directions! and the sad part is that they were so simple, even a caveman could do it

Ok well the fall say early Sept or next year in the spring, say early June, Yellowstone to Mt Rushmore and Sturgis, SD and out to the badlands and Wall drug would be cool.

I have loads of experience there and know where to stay and where to avoid. I spent four years hauling people around that part of the country.

Again if we go when it is cooler like early fall there is Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verdi, Arches, Canyon lands, Moab, Zion and Bryce canyons...Very awesome and lots to do as well.

There are tons of back road places to go in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. I have several books around here about them.

I can be of great assistance to this project finding and getting rates and places to stay and see....

Let me know, I have been to 12 Western States in a tour capacity over the last four years.

Mel

I have been there! In fact even got a prescription refilled there! I love the West, it would be a cool road trip.

Back