• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The author of this post seems familiar....

Most of his list sounds like stuff that could be done little by little in the drive way over time...I mean if you've built cars none of this stuff would be that horrible, just a lot of time involved.

Certainly, I would've adjusted the purchase price for the time / parts money but that is why I don't buy cars off ebay. I figure people sell them on ebay when they can't sell it local because locally people can come look at the car and figure out it's a rust bucket or whatever.

It's that bad Ju Ju coming back to bite him in the Ass. :dumas It couldn't have happened to a better douche bag.

I know a number of you guys read/write German, someone go onto the German forums and find the posts where the new owner of Nicks E car is saying the same things.... We can compare the posts

How do the instruments get rusted up unless it's a flood damaged car? Maybe it's from New Orleans?

How does one change the R&P gear without removing the center section?

Only Nick knows the answers to these types of questions and us normal folk will lose our minds trying to figure this kind of stuff out.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
How do the instruments get rusted up unless it's a flood damaged car? Maybe it's from New Orleans?

Frank

I've seen corrosion from interior leaks that ate up electronics - combination of interior leaks, heat from the sun, then condensation. So, I guess it's possible, but lots of other stuff inside should also be eaten away.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
How do the instruments get rusted up unless it's a flood damaged car?

P1020880.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The car probably sat in a field somewhere and when the guy thought he could make a buck, he made it work. He didn't replace the rusted parts or even try to clean some of it up, just slap a paint job on it and make it look pretty and send it off to it's new owner!

Mel

I don't know if he listed this somewhere but the neutral saftey switch is bypassed. Not that it would be a big deal with all the other problems.
P1020863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arent the two cut wires for the back-up lights? The jumpered wire is supposed to be like that on a stick. Did you read his post though about the rust on that "brake booster"

"RustyRed" said:
Must be a common booster then, mine has the same model ....i.e. there isn't one
I think you are right, they used the invisable booster on a lot Mustangs.

Missing the accelerator linkage firewall grommet also. This car was not "restored" bt any stretch of the imagination.

LMAO.....

Nick got screwed and I'm luvin' it!

"daveSanborn" said:
Missing the accelerator linkage firewall grommet also. This car was not "restored" bt any stretch of the imagination.

LMAO.....

Nick got screwed and I'm luvin' it!

Ain't Karma a bitch? :lol

Frank

"daveSanborn" said:
How does one change the R&P gear without removing the center section?

Only Nick knows the answers to these types of questions and us normal folk will lose our minds trying to figure this kind of stuff out.

+1 Dave...That was where it all started.

A couple of points:
- it has the wrong axle in it.
- it cannot be a GT with a 3.00 gear set. The 302 GT came with a 3.25
- it is obvious from looking at the interior it is not a 'restored' car
- he paid driver price for a driver quality car.
- he should have bought a camero

Back