• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The Mule

Opentracker

Well, here it is. I've owned this car for over 15 years and this is only the second photo I have ever taken of it. It's my daily driver and has the FIRST set of roller perches I made in it. I call it the Mule cause I do all of my testing with it. It has had so many suspension changes I lost count. It's on it's third motor, second transmission, second rear end and has had more wheels and tires than any car I have ever owned. If it could talk I would be in big trouble. It's got a line-lock in it and it'll smoke the tires down to the rim. To say the carpet under the gas peddle is mashed flat would be an understatement. I bought it for $500 as a rolling chassis. It came from the factory with a 260 and a 2 speed auto. Wee-Haa ! At the moment it sports a 289, 4-speed and a 3.50 posi. Disc brakes and power steering, same black paint it had when I drug it home.

The photo makes it look better than it looks in person. I get asked all the time at the gas station " when are you gonna fix it up " I tell them " I did, you should have seen it before ".

I'm not a person who thinks cars are people or that they have a sentimental value but this car is mine and the keys will have to be pryed out of my cold dead hands before anyone else has their name on the pink slip.

My boy JD says it's the car that "hurry's up". I told him he could drive it as soon as he can reach the peddles.

I get asked about this car quite a bit so I thought I would share.
themule.jpg

Growing up my dad always had a falcon or two laying around the yard. My sister drove a '64 for about 5 years. Great cars. Interesting mirrors, what did they come off of?

The mirrors are off a Porsche Cerrera. They were on my first car so they are 30+ years old. The car also has the piston gear shifter I made in high school, John Milner style.

Those '64 Falcons are nice cars. It sounds like one of those cars that just can't leave home. lol I like the "hurry's up" bit. Kids do come up with good ones.

I'd love to have a 64-65 Falcon track whore, cool lookin car John!

"silverblueBP" said:
I'd love to have a 64-65 Falcon track whore, cool lookin car John!

This one is up for grabs, $1,000 and drive it home.

64wagon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
Bet it would pass a PT cruiser....

Kick a guy while he's suffering from severe track withdrawal will ya :bird

"silverblueBP" said:
Thanks John, but...ummm, I'll pass!

Does it have roller perches?

Seriously, the mule is pretty sweet. I really like old beater cars that don't look like glass but run like a scalded dog.

The car is a turd folks, but I love it. Here's the John Milner:
JohnMilner.JPG

The sig. lighter is the line-lock and yes, I did go to several GD conserts. Stayed sober the whole time :rofl

Battery and sol. in the trunk

batsoltrk.JPG

Here is our 63 Gal. just turned 73k original miles. 390 tri-power ... Bench seat 4-speed car.

63galaxie.JPG

This car will haul the mail in a short heart beat.

The wagon and 7 other of our cars are up for grabs. Trying to get down to only 14 keepers.

"garner67" said:
I wanna see the Mule on the track! When's your next scheduled track day in the Mule?

Sorry to say I haven't been on a track in a while. My Mom has Alzheimer's and lives with us. Shari and I are her primary caregivers and that comes first. I do drive the crap out of it on the street though.

ahh, yeah... I did, that's right. I had to buy a guitar.
no really, I feel bad enough for the freebie. I don't want to be one of "those" guys that want's free stuff. :roulette

Back