• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

UP car on ebay

Its funny how this same discussion is repeated every few months about old eleanor...... :dh

I am in the process of building one and i have bought about 75% of my parts so i have a very good idea what it cost in parts never mind labour. The top end cars have anything from $50k to $75k in parts in them.

go check the prices for a full coilover suspension setup with R&P steering on the TCP webiste.......Thats a start....

BTW...i just wanted to know what you guys thought of the colour........

How many cars did unique actually finish, any one know?

Speculative, but it seems somewhere between 60 and 72. BTW, Jason Kidds autographed jersey was one of the items sold at the UP auction.

"Fast68back" said:
I think thats part of the issue, maybe Jason over at Classic Recreations could lend some insight, if 'ol Carroll gives his OK to produce the cars, like he did with UP, they end up in the registry. While I have never personally seen one of the registry books, I'm unaware of how they are broken up. Is there a section for "real" Shelby's and a section for "reproductions"? Similar issues with the Cobra's, werent there a number of original cars and then X amount of second generation cars.

Well I was a bit hesitant to post but feel I need to. First let me say that yes the "continuation" cars will be listed in the registry. They are real Shelby's. I do respect highly the people that own real original Shelby's and know that they are true investments. But as stated you probaly would not want to drive a car that would depreciate tremendously if wrecked or damaged.
By owning a real continuation Shelby it would normally enable the buyer the ability to drive it, race it, wreck it, etc.. and he or she is able to get it repaired. And most of the continuation cars have more modern drive components which also makes it a blast to drive. Im not sure about the E cars but Im confident that our GT500CR will appreciate in value because it is its own design and is extremly limited. All in all Im very proud that there were and are continuation cars because it drives the price up for the original cars (keeping your investment strong)and creates alot of enthusiast's. Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure Jason was doing things the right way, he was in fact the only one to get proper licensing for "Eleanor" and "Shelby"... do you think he would skimp on the VIN #'s?

I don't know Jason, or know who he is so I cannot answer your question.

I do know that if I was going to spend 119K to 199K on one of their cars I do not want there to be any kind of controversy over the legality of said car, whether it be a legitimate issue or not.

They might be found totally innocent of any wrong doing, but for that kind of money I feel there should not be any investigation of any kind in the first place.

I hear ya, but bad things do happen to good people. I personally think someone was looking for publicity and since the UP mess ANYONE restoring cars could become a target. I don't know for sure and besides I couldn't ever BUY something at that price (my house didn't even cost that much!) but I don't think what a shop or multiple shops do change the point. Buying or building a car "like" Eleanor is still an option for some and not for others. It could be a Ring Brothers car or that shop in St Louis or maybe someday Dave's son will sell the car Dave built. If you like the car and it's features it's "worth" the price.

No response from Classic Recreations yet. I guess we have to assume their lawyer told them to be quiet or they just don't have anything to say to defend themselves.

C.R. is sure taking a beating over on the SAAC forum!

my guess would be the lawyers told him to keep quiet. What is SAAC saying? They probably don't think too much of "continuation cars" anyway...

Back