• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

weird things found in your mustang while restoring

Edavilleman

well i was thinking of some of the things i found in my 68 when i got it. in the heater box was a bag of weed and a $100 bill.
under the rear seat a used condom. :barf

what have you guys found

I found a glossy 8x10 of Mikey with a perfect circle cut out where the mouth should be...

never did figure that one out... :headac

:lol

I found an old padlock with the ford emblem engraved on the side, and a matching ford key that works the thing inside the passenger door. I have no idea why it was in there, how it got there, or what they were even used for. I also found remnants of what use to be the build sheet in the same location. Maybe the lock was a factory thing. Have you guys ever seen one?

I found, an OLD dentyne gum wrapper, a dealer key tag for a yellow '67 Mustang, half a screwdriver sticking up through the drivers side rocker panel and a build sheet taped to the wiring harness.

"70_Fastback" said:
I found a glossy 8x10 of Mikey with a perfect circle cut out where the mouth should be...
never did figure that one out...

:lol :lol :lol And I bet you used it too....didn't ya? :scar :lol

Now my latest lucky condom.....now that's right here....uh-oh.... :amaz

Haven't found anything "weird".

Did a few scraps of what's left of my build sheet.

Found a fake diamond ear ring under the seat when we pulled the interior out to replace the floor pans.

"69RestoRod" said:
Found an unopened condom condom inside a magnetic key box hidden up in the dash. Baby blue wrapper and very brittle.

So, did you:

1. Toss it (probably poor choice of wording)?
2. Use it?
3. Keep it?
4. Give it to your buddy to use?

Just the usual pocket change in the 67. I found some weed in one of the previous cars I had. In the blue 66 I had at the first Knott's I went to the PO had installed a set of small walnut box speakers on the kick panels. Hehehehe

Mel

"Fast68back" said:
So, did you:

1. Toss it (probably poor choice of wording)?
2. Use it?
3. Keep it?
4. Give it to your buddy to use?

I remember putting it on the side of the toolbox as a souvenir but I moved out of my parent's place a while after. And the brittle rubber and much like my buck tag are nowhere to be found.

A 9 mm pistol hidden behind the quarter window panel.

(Different car) 12 gauge shotgun under rear seat.

A $100 bill rolled up tight between the glove box liner and the steel dash.

Enough tools, oil, anti-freeze, jack stands, spare parts to open a car parts store.

A console FULL of money (mostly change). Looked like someone had tossed it into the front "glove box" where it just fell everywhere.

Silver dime between the carpet and the underlayment. Probably cost someone their coffee than morning.

LOTS of weed hidden everywhere you could imagine, all disposed of in the crapper.

However, the weirdest thing was found on top of a car. I was supposed to fix the waves in the roof (this was around 1972 or so). When it went to grind off the paint, it was FULL of cement. Short story, it appeared the car had been rolled, and someone had just banged out the worst of the damage, and then trowled on concrete, up to 2" - 3" in places, smoothed it and painted it.

Needless to say, the car got an entire new roof panel.

I wouldn't mind finding a large bill in my car or a free gun but haven't been so lucky.

I did find an old crashed cigarett box in the bottom of my door when changing the locks...not sure how it got in there...

"mcfly" said:
I found an old print of Mickey Mouse flipping the bird with the words F**k IRAN. Classic

I think that came from the early 70's. I remember them going around when I was at Luke then....very classic.

Back