• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

weird things found in your mustang while restoring

I found a lay's potato chip bag stuffed into the truck frame rail used for filler for bondo. I also found a drive in movie ticket from 1974.

In my son's '65, we found a bag weed in the heater box, too.

Also found 2 fender bolts. The rest of the fenders and grill where held on with coat hangers. It was the kid's daily driver when we bought it.

Just a couple of bucks worth of change--all from the late 70s and early 80s--in one of the rear ashtrays. Supposedly, my car spent about 1980 to 1997 in pieces.

I had a Crown Vic x state police car that had a cigarette cellophane full of what looked to be crack sticking out between the inner fender plastic and the rocker on the drivers side. I always pictured it being from the cops personal stash lol

I didn't find anything interesting at all. Only pocket change, random garbage, a tube of superglue, and a box of safety pins.

I found Mr. Quality:

MrQ.jpg

Nobody ever warned me that he would be riding in MY Ford product, though.

"lethal289" said:
I found an old padlock with the ford emblem engraved on the side, and a matching ford key that works the thing inside the passenger door. I have no idea why it was in there, how it got there, or what they were even used for. I also found remnants of what use to be the build sheet in the same location. Maybe the lock was a factory thing. Have you guys ever seen one?

i've got one of those padlocks around here somewhere. those were used to lock the spare tires under the p/u truck beds for a time during the 80's. my dad was running the body shop & new car prep at the time & had a box full of them for the new trucks that arrived with one missing.

also, after spending 22 yrs installing auto glass, i can say that most of the assembly line workers used the doors for their personal trash can. funniest thing i ever saw was a new crown vic that came back under warranty for a rattle. after completely gutting the interior & numerous test drives, a small boxed in section of the rear floor was cut open & a nut found inside with a parts tag tied on that said "congrats!! you found it !!".

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
funniest thing i ever saw was a new crown vic that came back under warranty for a rattle. after completely gutting the interior & numerous test drives, a small boxed in section of the rear floor was cut open & a nut found inside with a parts tag tied on that said "congrats!! you found it !!".

That's pretty damn funny, wonder how many Vics got an extra nut?

I've seen a picture of a Quarter panel that had been cut off a 69 or 70 mustang with "F*ck this car" written in seam sealer above the wheel well.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
a small boxed in section of the rear floor was cut open & a nut found inside with a parts tag tied on that said "congrats!! you found it !!".

"69RestoRod" said:
That's pretty damn funny, wonder how many Vics got an extra nut?

I've seen a picture of a Quarter panel that had been cut off a 69 or 70 mustang with "F*ck this car" written in seal sealer above the wheel well.

So, apparently, quality was job 2. Messing with customers was job 1!

giagantic mouse nest under the headliner, dam mouse took all the insluation from under the roof and packed it up under the first 1/4 of the headliner, then crapped and pissed all over it, that was fun to clean out...

Also a schlitz can with the top and bottom cut out that was acting a patch for the defroster duct...

an old time slip from Quaker dragstrip it ran a 16.02 , 1966 quarter two syringe's I hope the previous owner was a diabetic lots of rust a pamphlet to a play in d.c. somewhere and an extra ignition key

About two years ago I discovered a hidden box under the ride trunk drop. It was hinged with a piano hinge and a padlock on it. Looked very old. We cut the lock off to discover human teeth. It was really wierd. We turned them into local authority and never heard another word.

"ClassicRecreations" said:
We cut the lock off to discover human teeth. It was really wierd. We turned them into local authority and never heard another word.
You found Jimmy Hoffa!!!! :lol

Back