• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are you winter Mustang plans?

My plans this winter: clean the 44 year old dirt and grime off the chassis and engine, weld the cracks in my shock tower, put my suspension back together (with the couple Opentracker parts I could afford). After that, who knows! Certainly can't wait to get behind he wheel again!
:steer

Re: Re: What are you winter Mustang plans?

"KBMWRS" said:
But NOT to Pismo. :pbj

As you know I had no say in that. I was all ready to drive it there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I've got some minor details on the interior that should be sorted out. Still have either an small oil pan gasket leak or rear main seal leak. One of my rear coil over reat shocks needs to be rebuilt, so I might look into something better. Also toying with the idea of using the watts link I made for my chevy on the Mustang now.

1. Sit in my car and have my wife catch me dazing off in never never land as I dream of having my Mustang on the road while she makes fun of me.
2. Hopefully I can start a tear down in the garage....if the wife and kids let me. :thu

If all goes well I am going to paint THIS WEEKEND! I have all the trim for the outside, need to order the interior parts I am missing. About $600.00 and I will be done with round one. Still need to paint the dash and interior quarter trim. My goal is to be finished by my birthday (mid November) and drive her on nice days and weekends. Also I need to invest in a radio, looking for one to fit my dash with a USB connection. I am getting close to being done with my A list.

PS I ordered sequential tail lights yesterday from the Mustang Project, I am excited about installing them!

"289pony" said:
1. Sit in my car and have my wife catch me dazing off in never never land as I dream of having my Mustang on the road while she makes fun of me.
2. Hopefully I can start a tear down in the garage....if the wife and kids let me. :thu

Been there. I sit in my car and even make engine noises too. My little girl thinks it's funny, my wife callls me a loser. :shrug

I have even been caught sitting in my boat over the winter wishing I was on the water.

Finish the passenger door. Open up the driver side quater panel and replace the outer wheelhouse. Possibly order the Rod and Custom MII front suspension and get that started.

My winter car plans consist of covering up and tucking in my cars for the long winters nap and looking for my next project.

Well, I think my winter plans have changed from driving it all winter to yanking the trans. My 4th gear synchro is either going out or just plain shot. So, it looks like when it starts pouring rain, I'm rebuilding my TKO.

My plans are to have my motor overhauled, turn my 302 into a 306 trying to find a good top end kit aluminum heads intake, just haven't found anything yet. Not looking for alot of HP but just around 300-350. Other then that just clean up a few small electrical things and that's it. I'd really like to replace the windshield glass.

"Badass70" said:
My plans are to have my motor overhauled, turn my 302 into a 306 trying to find a good top end kit aluminum heads intake, just haven't found anything yet. Not looking for alot of HP but just around 300-350. Other then that just clean up a few small electrical things and that's it. I'd really like to replace the windshield glass.

I spoke with a local machine shop about doing the same thing to a 93 5.0 I have in the garage. By the time he quoted out all the parts and labor it came within a few hundred dollars of the Ford Motorsport crate 306 motor. I went with the crate engine, as it was all new parts (except block) great warranty and ready to go. I bought it from a Ford dealer in the Michigan area and they dropped shipped it to California for hundreds less than any other dealer and even the advertised prices.

My plans consist of listing my Mustang on eBay this winter for a rather hefty price, and if it sells, it sells - and if not, it will set until spring waiting to be driven again. :steer

"70_Fastback" said:
My plans consist of listing my Mustang on eBay this winter for a rather hefty price, and if it sells, it sells - and if not, it will set until spring waiting to be driven again. :steer

Sooo, she told you to sell it, and you dont really want to?

I'm planning on replacing the 289 with a 170 cid to take advantage of higher MPG while gas prices are gynormous!

"Midlife" said:
I'm planning on replacing the 289 with a 170 cid to take advantage of higher MPG while gas prices are gynormous!

I'll take the 289!

Back