• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What are you winter Mustang plans?

Build the engine, get it installed, new radiator, new tires, wheels painted, and sort out the brakes.

Who the F**K am I kidding, I'll be lucky to get the engine built :shrug

"6t6red" said:
I plan on cutting the front coils a little to drop the front end down about an inch. The other year I installed the roller perches and it seems that the front end raised up about an 1 1/2 inches as a result. I don't like the Jake rack so I will lower the front a bit. I may put new rear leafs in also but I want to get some input from others before I purchase the springs.

I've had good luck with the ones from Eaton Detroit Spring...

"68fastwilliams" said:
Build the engine, get it installed, new radiator, new tires, wheels painted, and sort out the brakes.

Who the F**K am I kidding, I'll be lucky to get the engine built :shrug

Are you still working using that 351 you won years ago???

"Midlife" said:
I'm planning on replacing the 289 with a 170 cid to take advantage of higher MPG while gas prices are gynormous!

Just remove two spark plugs... problem solved... :thu :pbj

"70_Fastback" said:
My plans consist of listing my Mustang on eBay this winter for a rather hefty price, and if it sells, it sells - and if not, it will set until spring waiting to be driven again. :steer

1. Are you serious?
2. Do you care if it leaves the USA?
3. What is your idea of a hefty price?

The princess has given consent for a 69-73 Fastback to move in with Frankenstang, so the search has begun.

My plans for the winter on my 66 Coupe:

- Finish installation of headlight buckets/grill/hood - get everything aligned
- Fix dent on top of fender
- Replace floor jack crushed front floor supports
- Install torque boxes
- Straighten bent lip on strut rod bracket
- Replace dented lower radiator support

"dm289" said:
I've had good luck with the ones from Eaton Detroit Spring...

I was thinking about calling them once I decide what I want for my rear ride height.

My winter plan is to leave the car in the trailer...unlocked...in the middle of town, with the keys in it.

wink, wink.

"silverblueBP" said:
My winter plan is to leave the car in the trailer...unlocked...in the middle of town, with the keys in it.
wink, wink.

which town was it again ???

"dm289" said:
Are you still working using that 351 you won years ago???

Can't really say I'm working on it, but I have all the parts now (heads, cam, intake, carb, headers ect...) just need to get off my butt and get it done.

"70_Fastback" said:
My plans consist of listing my Mustang on eBay this winter for a rather hefty price, and if it sells, it sells - and if not, it will set until spring waiting to be driven again. :steer

Great minds think alike. I am seriously considering turning the 69. I never seem to have time for it. Now I have the Model A competing for time and dollars.

"Sluggo" said:
Great minds think alike. I am seriously considering turning the 69. I never seem to have time for it. Now I have the Model A competing for time and dollars.

And it seems that my car "tastes" have changed as well to more vintage hotrods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good marketing strategy to flood the market with two grabber colored fastbacks at the same time! :roll

Seriously, I think for both of you spring is a much better time to sell if you can hold off until then. Winter is more of a project car market...no? Unless you were to sell off-shore, I guess.

Will the last member that still owns a Mustang please remember to turn out the light before leaving :shrug

"70 StangMan" said:
....compared to the trailer.

Can't argue that fact. The difference is the trailer has seen easy miles, the car has been beat to death multiple times. Yet, every time it has risen from the dead to once again scare the crap out of anyone willing to get in the passenger seat! The engines don't last, but the rest of the car is solid.

Back