• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

who's exhaust do you have?

A

Anonymous

im running flowmaster 2 chambers and 2 1/4 " aluminized pipes. then coming out the back valence with GT trumpets. duh ;)

im gonna swap out my flows for some custom made mufflers from dynamax mufflers.

oh and i have ceramic coated tri-y's.

and i might make my own h pipe once everything is back together

Hooker comp headers into 2.5s with old school crossover flowmaster 40s and no tail pipes

My car has FRPP ceramic shorties and a T.Branda 350R style side exit exhaust. The mufflers are "bullet" style and sound pretty good.... of course I don't hear so well though....

My sons car has JBA shorties, stainless 2.5's w/pipe dumping into Spinteck side exits. Here's an audio file. Crank up the volume!

th_006.jpg

craplousy turbo mufflers through tri ys... i have a set of ceramic coated hooker supercomps waiting for me to buy an exhaust kit for them to have sex wth whenever i get some money / get around to it.

Red just has HIPO mannies feeding some magnaflows. Have no frickin idea what I'm doing with Shag yet.

Crappy off-brand headers w/exhaust leaks, 2-1/4" pipes, H-pipe, Flowmaster Hushpower II's, and full tailpipes. Sounds beautiful:) That said, I need to pick up some nice FPA headers and run 2-1/2's all the way out back.

My 351C breathes/shats through a set of Hedman Ceramic coated hedders and a Pypes 2.5" stainless exhaust system with the pro street stainless mufflers and Summit Racing 3" stainless rolled and slanted tips. Its being fed by a Edelbrock 1406 4 bbl carb and a Performer RPM Intake. Much more later.

I'm debating. Spintechs, dynomax, or just recently someone offered me too SS Borlas for $70.. but they have the fox offset.. Will it fit?

I haven't given the guy an answer yet.. He says Borla Pro XS... Not sure what they sound like.. I REALLY like the spintech noise, but so hard to find, for a decent price.. Fox offset is inlet on one side and outlet on the other side opposite.

I have ceramic coated JBA shorties that run into 2.5" pipe, which goes through an X-pipe to SpinTech mufflers, and 2.5" pipe all the way out the back. I love how the SpinTech sound at idle and at higher rpms, but I have a horrible drone from 2100-2300 rpms. Although, the throttle response is excellent and the sound is awesome, I may end up changing the mufflers to something I can live with on road trips.

Hedman Elites coated, h-pipe, cutouts, into standard turbo mufflers and turned down at the rear. I like the basic turbo sound for driving. I didn't want anything too "noticeable" for all around driving. Put the cutouts in for when I want to mess with people.

I have ceramic coated JBA shorties that run into 2.5" pipe, which goes through an X-pipe to SpinTech mufflers

Earlier in this thread, I embedded an audio clip of basically the same exhaust system (ours are side exits) on my sons car. I'm curious how the sound of your car compares to the sound of my sons '68? His engine is a 351W with the Edelbrock RPM package on it (heads/intake/carb).

Thanks!

I alsohave Ceramic Coated JBA shorties that in time will dump into a SS Magnaflow 2.5 system that runs all the way back. The exhaust has been sitting in a box in my garage for a little over a year (maybe 2) now, but its getting close to time to dig it out.

6901 hooker long tube headers running into some generic off brand mufflers from the PO that exit through gt tips it sound great and they set off all ricers car alarms at the super autobacs on beach blvd. (setting car alarms off is what really counts ;D)

Back