• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest Body Shop Visit "It's Red"

Sweet..............a little color sure helps.

There is nothing like new paint on a car with a nice clean body....

Mel

I love the smell of a new paint job in the morning. :bowdown

fd

Great color. What's it called? It is a Ford color?

"Mod9" said:
Rich why is it your always cutting down other body shops work. You know I would not walk into your shop for a free paint job. I just can't stand people like you always running others down.

I would not take this personally...

One thing I have found in participating in several internet forums is that there is an incredibly wide range of participants with vastly differing budgets, goals, and abilities.

Rich is correct in stating that for the best possible job the panels would be painted separately. This does not mean to infer that everybody can or needs to have a show quality paint job. Your car is beautiful and all that matters is that you are happy. I have no idea what you paid for your paint job (nor do I want to know), but be aware that you will be interacting on these forums with people that spend $20,000 or more for their paint.

By the way, I like red on a 69 sportsroof too...

-Rory

P.S. The VW van in the attachments below spent an amazing sum on it's paint job...

Looks good Gary.

There are plenty of painters that can jamb a car, paint it assembled and hide the edges. See it done daily.

That isn't Mini Cooper's or BMW's chili Red is it? Looks great.

Dude that is one awesome paint job :bowdown That red is about as red as I have seen. I am happy for you there is nothing like getting color on a mustang. As long as you are happy with things thats all that matters..

I don't see any problems with how your car was painted.

Here are some photos of mine after paint. My guy did the job with the body panels attached. He did paint the underside of the hood and trunk lid separately. He also painted the front and rear valances, etc off the car. The door jambs came out great. No problems.

paint.jpg

paint1.jpg

"Mod9" said:
Rich why is it your always cutting down other body shops work. You know I would not walk into your shop for a free paint job. I just can't stand people like you always running others down.

Mod9, nice red, looks good. FYI, there is foam edge tape commonly used in jambs to eliminate any hard edges and blow-through, which I'm sure was used in your case. Most painters will not blow apart and paint all the exterior panels separately off a car as the color can be affected by the gun angle and depth away from the panel.

Very Nice....Love them new paint jobs. The color ain't bad either. :thu

Rich, I don't think Gary misconstrued your post at all. When I read it, you came off as a first class a$$ hat. Just sayin...

You may not have intended it to be that way - but it came across that way. And it's not even my thread.

My 2 cents have been interjected. Now back to your regulary scheduled forum. :bowdown

Your car is looking good Red, nice job done on it.

I know how your feeling about now. My car got paint 8 months ago and I was so pumped. Just wanted to get it home and put it back together.

How long till you bring it home and start all the fun stuff?

My car also got painted with all the panels installed and no tape lines, what a surprise.

Good painters can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back