• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Stang Build

Got the title for my 40!!! Also got the water pump, balancer, distributor, and sexy valve covers on yesterday. I'll have pictures later today. I got the drivers side fender stripped completely and fairly straight I have a little at the bottom left to do.

On the fenders...Edge them or undercoat/POR15 the back side??? This will be a driver not show car.

Also what gear do I need on my distributor? I have a hydraulic flat tappet cam...I believe my distributor is from a 79

I would epoxy prime and undercoat the insides of the fenders. Needs some sort of coating to keep rocks from denting them from the inside.

You'll need a steel gear like ford used on 85-95 V8 Mustangs. It might be more cost effective to buy a remanuf. distributor for an 85 5.0GT/5spd as they have the proper gear and they are only ~$60, when the gear is $45 + installation.

BTW that truck is freakin badarse! I vote for a modern frame swap and a 6.5TD/4L80E combo. Real trucks don't have spark plugs. :lol

Undercoat it is. I'm sure mine is a steel gear.

And I better stick with gasoline haha............Cammed inline 6 with split headers??? :craz

Can I undercoat the backside with rubberized undercoating without having any problems when I paint it? Like fisheyes or anything? Or shoudl I wait until I get it painted to do that?

Got one fender with rust fixed and got it all straight and in primer

08022010178.jpg

08022010178.jpg

08042010180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one fender undercoated and the garage organized and cleaned up and thats about it on my day off. :rp Doesn't seem like I get anything done.

08062010186.jpg

08062010186.jpg

Pictures look like I missed some spots but its just the light.

Fast68back here is some more pics they're fabricated valve covers

08062010185.jpg

08062010184.jpg

08062010183.jpg

Got part of my interior kit the other day...Its like Christmas with 4 big boxes at your doorstep. I am next going to build a test engine stand. I got the plans yesterday and hopefully starting in tonight when I get off work. What break in oil do you guys use? I have a flat tappet cam do I need any kind of additive? How do you guys go about breaking an engine in? Low rpm?

Yeah, I used a zinc additive. Also follow your cam manufacturer's break-in recommendations. CompCams recommends only running the single (I believe outer) valve spring in lieu of the two or 3 springs.

Kind of changing my mind on the black stripes following the blinker scoops? Any other suggestions? I want something to kind of break it up. I have a quart of black base I got with my tangerine.

Pictures would be great!

Got the patch panel cut out and another one in...I'm alot happier with this one the last one was pretty bad haha.

08232010264.jpg

08232010265.jpg

Got some done on the 67. I have the doors and fenders hung so I can work on them. I have the rust fixed in both doors and a little spot in the fender to fix but no big deal. Hopefully have both doors straight tomorrow and maybe with a little luck the fender too but not sure as it has quite a few dents. It looked good until I stripped it and there had been quite a bit of putty work on it. Looks like they didn't try straightening the metal just slapped some bondo on it.

Forgot to get pictures of the patch panel. It is pretty well straight, one skim coat of polyester should do it.

08312010275.jpg

08302010274.jpg

Back