• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Stang Build

Doors in primer!

09092010317.jpg

09092010319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Double check the holes along the top of the rocker panel that are used to install the door sill plates. Oftentimes these holes become elongated and fail to retain a normal sized screw. Repairing any oversized holes now is a LOT easier than doing so after the car is in paint.

"daveSanborn" said:
Double check the holes along the top of the rocker panel that are used to install the door sill plates. Oftentimes these holes become elongated and fail to retain a normal sized screw. Repairing any oversized holes now is a LOT easier than doing so after the car is in paint.
great advise Dave (as usual). I have a few that are sloppy I wish I would have fixed but didn't think to check. Now it's too late.

Got my passenger side fender straight other than one spot...hit it tomorrow.

09202010137.jpg

Got my fender blocked...Turned out very straight

09202010136.jpg

Read your build thread here with great interest. The coupe is looking good. The color will surely look super and I would put the Keystones on it for sure. Also I'm leaning towards doing the hood inserts in a satin black finish... the other alternative is to do the hood inserts in black and then clearcoat the entire hood as you when you clear the whole car. But I like the satin finish as it is just like what I had on one of my '67 Coupes (It was Acapulco Blue with a black vinyl top and had the hood insert in satin black).... or you could do it in a satin vinyl applique like some of the '69-'70 Mustangs had back in the day. Enjoying this build!

09242010148.jpg

Got a little done but been painting Chevy trucks :barf

Underside cleaned up a bit and the nasty weatherstripping off then shot some epoxy will take care of the other side hopefully monday.

Went to a swap meet last weekend and picked some stuff up.

09232010145.jpg

09232010146.jpg

09232010144.jpg

"tarafied1" said:
great advise Dave (as usual). I have a few that are sloppy I wish I would have fixed but didn't think to check. Now it's too late.

Forgot to post. Checked em looks good.

"DAVER" said:
Read your build thread here with great interest. The coupe is looking good. The color will surely look super and I would put the Keystones on it for sure. Also I'm leaning towards doing the hood inserts in a satin black finish... the other alternative is to do the hood inserts in black and then clearcoat the entire hood as you when you clear the whole car. But I like the satin finish as it is just like what I had on one of my '67 Coupes (It was Acapulco Blue with a black vinyl top and had the hood insert in satin black).... or you could do it in a satin vinyl applique like some of the '69-'70 Mustangs had back in the day. Enjoying this build!

Still undecided on the black...

Appreciate all of the support and ideas from everyone!

Got it up on the lift and decided I should take some pictures.

10082010167.jpg

10082010168.jpg

10072010164.jpg

10082010165.jpg

Is this an 8 inch?

10082010166.jpg

10082010170.jpg

10082010172.jpg

10082010175.jpg

10082010176.jpg

Brakes coming off. Disc on monday!

"jking" said:
I turned the yoke 10 times and the tire turned 3 and a half turns. Mean I have like 3.5 gears.?

Sounds about right.

Back