• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2016 Stangfix Fantasy Football League

Hey I'll play but you guys need to have the draft a little later in the day for us west coasters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After 1 pm pay is great for me. I usually work early on the weekend

After 1 pm pay is great for me. I usually work early on the weekend

Just as long as it's not after 5 or 6 ya'll's time. Some of us right coasters start drinking early on the weekends.

Oh, it's on! I will get the league filled by Monday. What day works best for everyone to conduct the draft? Saturday or Sunday? It looks like an afternoon time slot will be best to help the guys on the left coast.

For those that do not know how this works, I will explain.

You will need to set-up an account on the ESPN fantasy football website. It's pretty simple to do. I will activate the league and give everyone the necessary info to log in and join. The Draft is hosted on the ESPN site. On the day of the draft you log in prior to the start time and the system will randomly generate a draft order. When the draft starts, the player given the first slot makes his pick followed by number two and so forth. The second round starts with player 10 selecting first (so he has back to back picks) then number nine and so forth. Rounds continue this way alternating the first pick. It's called a "snake draft" if you want to look up more on it.

The draft usually takes less than an hour. It just depends on how quickly guys make their picks. I will set he max time per pick prior to the draft to keep things moving. I suggest new players get signed up at ESPN and do a few practice drafts to get the feel for how it works. Every player in the NFL (and occasionally a few who may not be on a team but might eventually make a roster) are listed in the player manifest. A player can only be selected to one team. A team consists of QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, a team Defense and a Kicker. Go to the site to learn more about team make-up and player position limits, etc.

It really is a very simple game to play. Each week you fill out your roster with the players you selected in the draft (or picked up later via trade or off the waiver wire). Your team will be playing against another in a head to head points battle. You can learn more about the scoring system on the site. The top teams in the league will compete near season end for the championship title and the remaining teams will also have a second tier playoff bracket as well. The season runs through the entire NFL regular season. Your job as a manger is to make sure you field a complete roster each week. It is very bad to fail to do so as it "gives" other teams a free win which is not fair to other teams. SO PLEASE, stay on top of things. It only takes a few minutes each week to put your roster together. The NFL has bye weeks all season long so when players are not in a game you need to fill their roster slots.

Anyway, go to the site and get educated on how things work if you are new to this. Any questions you can post here or PM me and I will help you out.

NEW players click on "Log in" on the top menu bar and create an ESPN profile/log-in. Then go to the Fantasy Football section to get started.

How does Sunday August 28th at 4:00 p.m. EST sound to everyone? This gives everyone some time to figure out the game (for the newbies) and also enough advance notice that eveyrone should be able to free their schedules. Plan on 1 1/2 hours just to be safe. Likely much faster but you never know. We always have at least one guy who seems to need every second available for each of his pics!

Back