• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$4.25 for regular gas - WTF!

Between 3.87 and 3.90 around here. I haven't been out to the Indian Reservation yet,But from what I heard this morning it's around 3.60(Untaxed)

Just filled up the stang at Kroger @ $3.51 per gallon. It was just $3.33 a last weekend. Stupid hurricane giving stupid people an excuse to raise prices..

$1.29 for a 4 foot section of hose, and I can get all the gas I want at a Walmart parking lot.

I did the math : liters to gallon and Euro to USdollar

95 octane $8.44 / gallon
98 octane $8.57 / gallon
Diesel $7.48 / gallon

here in Belgium.
So , don't you all complain about gas prices !!!

"B67FSTB" said:

95 octane $8.44 / gallon
98 octane $8.57 / gallon
Diesel $7.48 / gallon

here in Belgium.
Hey, I'm only complaining about what I have to pay. I'm an American. Remember, we don't care about the rest of you. :sarc

I love making fun of Prius's. I wave as I pass their underpowered butts. I laugh at the expense they will be seeing when they find out their battery pack has a limited life span. I smile at their expressions when I tell them my way outdated TRUCK gets better mileage than they do. (Prius owners always overstate their mileage except when complaining to Toyota that it's not as good as advertised.) Smart cars are even funnier. I must have a "genius" truck. 1981 Rabbit pickup, retrofitted with a turbodiesel and a five speed. Last 600 mile highway trip measured an average of 51 mpg. The majority of the trip was at 75-80mph, one day I'll find out what it does at 55mph on a long drive. Maybe. Factory rated at 45mpg in town, seems about right I guess. It's not for sale.
Ran across a decent early Civic hybrid for sale the other day. Bad battery pack. They've been trying to seel it "as is' for three months. If I park my truck out front at work not a week goes buy without an offer to buy it.
I actually figure one day Toyota will get the Prius right and I won't be able to poke fun at them anymore. The Toyota people aren't stupid.

I got stuck with a prius as a rental car a few years back when my Volvo was in the body shop. Had it for 3 weeks and hated it. As far as gas mileage goes, my drive is all highway, 80 miles a day and I only averaged 30 mpg in the prius. It's only good for high mileage in the city when the engine can shut off. I was getting almost 30 mpg out of my Volvo convertible so it didn't save me any money.

All our cars here at the Air District are Prius's. I have to admit they are tons better than the original Honda Insights (or as I always called them the Honda Incest, 'cause I always just felt dirty when I drove it). Plus the old Insight's were just butt ugly with the wheel skirts. I got used to people pointing and laughing, the day I pulled up next to a jacked-up, redneck 4x4, and the dog in back started laughing at me. that was a sad, sad day!!!

The Prius that i drive gets about 47 mpg, and that's a mix of city driving and highway driving...and I don't drive very economically. I can tell when I drive on the highway, the mileage does go up...again, I drive like I stole it. I know if a hybrid sits too long and both of the battery's go bad, they are darn near impossible to jump start. And that kills the main battery pack.

Will I ever buy one...sure, the day they remove my cold, dead hands from my mustang's steering wheel. So, until that day, I'll drive my mustang no matter what the cost of gas is.

I laugh at the prius and smart becaue theyre just so damn ugly. The crz, ugly. Volt, ugly. Smart, stupid and ugly. Fiskers look ok, but they blow up.

"Shaun" said:
I hope more folks buy the Prius, I need the gas.

That's what I say evry time I drive by a Prius in my '67.

Thanks for the gas. :thu

110 octane leaded gas is $8.00 per gallon.

I filled up at USA station this morning, diesel was 4.399.....

I also just put the third set of tires on the FUCOS - Michelin Defenders that are 90,000 mile warranteed. They do seem like they have lower rolling resistance....

If the wifie is happy with her Prius, then everyone is happy.

"B67FSTB" said:

95 octane $8.44 / gallon
98 octane $8.57 / gallon
Diesel $7.48 / gallon

here in Belgium.

Yeah but Waffles cost more here than they do there :sarc

Back