• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

$4.25 for regular gas - WTF!

Reg gas was 3.88 here yesterday when I put a $100.00 in the f150--it never filled it, that is where the pump quit at so I decided that was enough for now---maybe I can "wean" it--lol.

Ahhh...I remember my first fill-up of gas with my first car in 1968 (65 GT Coupe). I filled it with 103 octane for $0.299/gallon. Those were the days of living high on the hog....

"Flysure1" said:
Reg gas was 3.88 here yesterday when I put a $100.00 in the f150--it never filled it, that is where the pump quit at so I decided that was enough for now---maybe I can "wean" it--lol.

Lucky you,
I filled the Hilux yesterday with 98 Octane x 140 litres at $1.63AU per litre (6.19 per US Gallon) & LPG x 120 litres at $0.69AU per litre = $311.00!!!!!!

"Midlife" said:
Ahhh...I remember my first fill-up of gas with my first car in 1918 (Model T). I filled it with 103 octane for $0.299/gallon. Those were the days of living high on the hog....

Fixed it for you.

Evil said it was OK to do this!

I haven't paid less than $4 in so long I have decided to stop paying attention at the pump. I'm thinking next year, once we get an administration with an actual real world energy plan in place, prices will finally get back to where they should be. :soapboxrant

"silverblueBP" said:
Fixed it for you.

Evil said it was OK to do this!

But only this once, I'm making up another VooDoo doll and it's got your name on it.........got a headache yet???????

"67 evil eleanor" said:
But only this once, I'm making up another VooDoo doll and it's got your name on it.........got a headache yet???????

LMFAO

"67 evil eleanor" said:
But only this once, I'm making up another VooDoo doll and it's got your earsnameon it.........got a headache yet???????

Fixed it for ya. Mark said it was OK for me to do this.

I laugh every time I see one of those coffins on wheels go by (Smart Car), while sitting in my F-250 Superduty.

"Midlife" said:
Ahhh...I remember my first fill-up of gas with my first car in 1968 (65 GT Coupe). I filled it with 103 octane for $0.299/gallon. Those were the days of living high on the hog....

Randy:

Even when I was pumping gas back then, IIRC Chevron Custom Supreme (104 octane) was 38.9 per gallon here in NorCal. It seems that we can never get a break here in the Golden State even with the refineries less than 75 miles away.

Who remembers "gas wars" from back in them olden days? I remember about $.09-$.12 per gallon as the lowest when gas was around $.29-$.25 a gal.

"JeffTepper" said:
Randy:

Even when I was pumping gas back then, IIRC Chevron Custom Supreme (104 octane) was 38.9 per gallon here in NorCal. It seems that we can never get a break here in the Golden State even with the refineries less than 75 miles away.
Jeff: you're too young. This was 1968 in San Diego, CA.

The cheapest I remember is 19 cents a gallon in Michigan. I think it was about 1964 or 1965. Back in 1976, I would fill up my coupe for $5.00 a month and then drive to Tucson and back from Tempe (about 250 miles) and for the rest of the month on that tank.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Well, I'll show my young age here. When I started driving gas was just over a dollar a gallon.
I remember filling up @.89 per gallon. And I thought you had me by a couple years.

Back