• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Am I crazy or Stupid?

EFI or original engine?

• Keep the EFI setup

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Rebuild and reinstall original engine

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finish the EFI and drive it while I rebuild my original engine.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Give up and sell the car.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Re: Am I crazy or Stupid?

"Midlife" said:
Yes, that is true, but you can also learn some bad habits and not learn how to do things right. Personally, I took some classes at night at the local VoTech school to learn some of the basics and then went forward on my own. For a few dollars and a few hours, the knowledge imparted is well worth it. JMHO.

This is spot on. Even though I've been welding for going on 30 years,I couldn't mig,tig,or stick stainless to save my life. Signed up at the local VoTech and took their beginners and advanced 13 week course. Learned alot that I had questions about with all the metals and even scored in the top 3 with my stainless welds. Even thought I was welding nothing but aluminum at the time the course came in handy. The army is teaching my nephew how to weld but it's mostly stick, He's talking about retiring next year when he puts in his 15th, I told him to take one of the classed I took and he'll do alright.

I think I am going to look into taking a class. I really would like to learn. There are a few areas under the car that will need some repair.

Thanks for the feedback.

"tarafied1" said:
I cant weld either but i managed to put my car together and it hasn't fallen apart(yet). And Bill still let me loose with the welder on his car too!
You just need to be handy with a grinder.
I wish we could all just show up and do a "StangFix" instead of a Foose.
You gotta get thing ready for the Power Tour

Worst part was he grabbed the grinder before I could get photographic proof of his welds :roll

Bill

Back