• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 10-12, 2011

"DEL65" said:
(BTW, will the responsible party who took my secret stash of adult-orientated periodicals from my tool chest, please bring them back to Mo-town.)

Yes, Mikey will bring the gayboys.com magazines back when he's done with them (duh.....winning!!!)...

Bump to the top. The show's in 2 weeks. Can I ask for an updated head count? Also, do you all interested in having a pot luck/bbq like last year?

I'll be there Friday night through Saturday. The Friday night potluck is a good idea, thanks for offering to host it again.

Frank

Barb and I will be there as well. Yes for a pot luck. I'll do another salad but I don't remember which salad I did last year. Maybe a Chicken Ceasar or a ????????????

"DEL65" said:
Bump to the top. The show's in 2 weeks. Can I ask for an updated head count? Also, do you all interested in having a pot luck/bbq like last year?
John:
I am planning to be there for the Friday evening events and part of Saturday (to mid afternoon) as I have a commitment back in the Bay Area late Saturday afternoon. At this point, it looks like Lynn will not be able to join us this time.

OK then, potluck it is. BYOB, but I'll supply bottled water. And will have ice chests available for your drinks.

BBQ
Craig - Caesar salad ( fyi, last you your brought a fruit salad)
SacBill - Snaussages?
Me-chicken (I coordinate with SacBill)

Other menu suggestions?

Appetizers? Potato? Pasta?
Garlic bread?
Other sides?
Dessert?

General map of Mo-Town:

MAP.jpg

1) Hotel, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave
2) Show location, 2201 Blue Gum
3) My house, address to follow
4) Fri nite cruise area
5) Grocery/Starbuck's/shopping center, 839 W Roseburg Ave
6) Show registration, Days Inn (behind Pep Boys) 1312 McHenry Ave
7) Gas, Shell / Chevron, 1600 Sisk Road
8) Gas, Chevron, 1400 McHenry Ave

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll attend the Fri cruise and Sat show, I'm not yet sure if SWMBO will attend.

I'll bring some potato salad and a veggie tray.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Mike, I thought the hotel of choice was Springhill Suites. Or are you just being a loner?

Frank

OKAY...Springhill. :roll

I plan to depart around 2 turdy to arrive around 4 turdy. Barbara says we're bringing a fruit salad. How about a marinated skirt steak (Arrachera)that is very thin which gets BBQ'd for maybe 2-3 minutes each side? Very quick and tasty.

Hi everyone, it looks like the weather will improve this week and the show forecast is sunny and temps in the mid-80's. Just right.

Tom: Can you please bring your canopy.

BYOB Pot Luck, I'll have extra ice chests available to stash your beers and sodas. Head count will be about 10-15.

Food:
Me- Chicken and bottled water
Bill-Brats?
Craig - Fruit Salad and Skirt Steak
Tom- Potato Salad and a Veggie Tray
Frank - Tortilla chips and 7-layer dip
Mike - Dessert; Fruit Pudding
Don-(Red 67 Shelby clone) - Dessert
Jeff - TBD, but can I suggest a side dish or munchies?
Justin - TBD, but can I suggest a side dish or munchies?

I'll pick up the show packs and t-shirts for:
Craig - Large
Mike - Large
Jeff - XL
Justin - XXL
How about you guys: Tom, Frank, and Bill?

I PM'ed a map and with all the locations. Feel free to drop by my house anytime Friday afternoon. I'll be in the backyard, and you all can take a dip in the pool. I've got extra towels.

Like last year, the cruise is from 7pm to 8pm. Since they estimate about 700 cars will participate, we should leave around 6 to stage for the cruise.

More info to follow.

"DEL65" said:
Tom: Can you please bring your canopy.

John,

I'll bring the canopy and will take Fri off to be there early and go with you and get the shirts.

Craig: Wine is a great addition the pot luck.
Bill: I got your T-shirt size. Thanks for bringing the brats and drinks.

"DEL65" said:

My car is not participating in the show or cruise. I was hoping to hitch a ride with someone on Friday night, though. :roll

Frank

Back