• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 8-10, 2012

DEL65

Of The Morons
Hi everyone, same plan as last year. I'm looking forward to hosting another SF gathering here in Mo-town.

Fri - Sunday June 8-10, Modesto Junior College West Campus. 500-700 classic cars. I'll update the info as the date nears. Registration packets will be mailed out sometime in April.

Plan: Do the Friday afternoon cruise followed by a potluck BBQ at my house/or dinner at Fruit Yard Restaurant, followed by a gig by my classic rock band. Attend the show Saturday.

Here's the official site:
http://www.americangraffitifestival.com/

Suggested Hotel: Springhill Suites/Marriott, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave Modesto, CA 95350, (209) 526-2157

"cmayna" said:
Will there be a lot of HOT Jr. college coeds?

Of course. Bonus: They still totally dig mature men in skimpy swimwear, so if you want to be very popular, be sure to bring your you-know-what this year.

I got my registration yesterday in the mail. I'm going to take the internet registration option.

So what time at your house John?

Great to hear you guys booked early. Per the registration info they are expecting up to 900 cars this year.

We can meet at my house anytime Friday afternoon. I'll be home and the gate will be open/unlocked. Since we're not going to drive our cars Friday night, we can hang out at my place for a while and leave for downtown sometime about 630 or 645. The cruise runs from 7 to 8 pm.

Let me know if you want to leave your cars at my place and car pool in my Taurus and/or Explorer. Again, I'll probably have to skip the cruise and leave early to set up for my gig later that evening.

Oh I was going to cruise. i like the wait, looking and talking and the the cruise itself. But I was going to do maybe a lap and then pull over and watch the rest of the time.

Then after head over to your 'gig'.

I will be cruising as well. The boy has waited years to be able to drive in it. Probably a lap like Mike, then park.

Maybe one lap dance for me. Afterwards, I will pull over. Where would be a good "pulling over" place?

"cmayna" said:
Maybe one lap dance for me. Afterwards, I will pull over. Where would be a good "pulling over" place?

My office is a couple blocks off the drag. It is not a secured lot but is next to the police department. Might be an option.

OK, If you all are going to do line up for the cruise, we can leave my place around 610 or 615. It seems every year there are more and more early birds down there. :rant KB, in case I don't head downtown for the cruise, perhaps you can meet at my place and lead the caravan downtown.

Thank you KB for offering to park at your office. Alternatively, I know that the streets between I and J (the main east/west route) are closed, and I'm pretty sure you can just park there and remain next to the action. I'll double check.

P.S. I'll offer to get everyone's show packets and T-shirts, as usual.

Heck I was going to fake a problem on the cruise and just park along the route. :shrug

Won't work, because no one will ever believe a Mustang crapped-out. Chebbies, on the other hand, are totally expected to have problems.

Hi, the Graffiti show is 3 weeks away, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. It's been a while. Same routine as the last few years.

Head count
Cmayna
KBMWRS
KB3
SacBill
SAC69

Missing
Crusty?
JeffTepper?

Back