• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 8-10, 2012

"DEL65" said:
Hi, the Graffiti show is 3 weeks away, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. It's been a while. Same routine as the last few years.

Head count
Cmayna
KBMWRS
KB3
SacBill
SAC69

Missing
Crusty?
JeffTepper?

Looks like I won't be there on Friday, due to having to go to SoCal for business that week. (Back that night). :rant

I plan on being at the show on Saturday, though.

I am registered and booked a hotel room. My son Thomas and I will be coming by ourselves! Our first overnight road trip without Mom. We will do the cruise and dinner but not stay out too late!

I heard from Don Myers / Red 67 Shelby Clone, and he's also coming to town, and he's also booked at your hotel. Ed will be with him.

Addl info for Friday Night: The address for the Fruit Yard is 7948 Yosemite Blvd, Modesto CA 209-577-3093, and is about 10 miles east of downtown; 15 minute drive. The restaurant serves dinner until 10pm. About a 20 min drive back to the hotel.

Saturday Morning: Last year I met you guys at your hotel and we drove to the show from there. IIRC, it was 7 am, and that seemed to get us a good (not great) spot.

Sounds good John.

I guess we'll show up at the Fruit Yard sometime after we tire of the cruise.

Sat morning is fine too.

ok so let's recapture the event. Friday when we come into town, after we check into our rooms, Where do we go?
Then where?

Then where?

Saturday am, where do we meet ?

Then where?

Then where?

"cmayna" said:
ok so let's recapture the event. Friday when we come into town, after we check into our rooms, Where do we go?To John's house
Then where?We group and John +1 goes to pick up registrations

Then where?To John's gig...Fruit Yard.....eat and be Mary or her friend Lush

Saturday am, where do we meet ?At the hotel...we wait on John to drop by

Then where? To the show

Then where?Home

And no, I will not take you to the little boys room...you're on your own

Thank you Mike. It's good to know SOMEONE here reads my posts.

Friday's check-in opens at 4pm, and I plan on being there right away. I can pick up the registration packs, stickers, and t-shirts. Just chime in and post your shirt sizes.

Are we going to do the cruise?

How close is the hotel to the car show?

Can I leave the car show early if needed?

So, are we not doing a BBQ pot luck at the house but instead eat at the Fruityard? I don't want to haul a trunk full of cmayna's smoke salmon if we won't be eating at the house.

Hi Justin, here's a map for reference. Things are pretty close to each other. For example, my house is 5 min from your hotel. Everyone was planning on doing the cruise which runs from 7-8pm, but only make a few passes. Then park and watch the cars. There are a many participants, so traffic is bumper-to-bumper. The motel is 5 minutes from the show on the other side of the freeway. You can leave the show early, but you have to navigate thru all the pedestrians...etc. I'm gonna leave about 3pm or so.

Hi Craig, I'm afraid no BBQ at my house this year. But before the cruise, I will have some munchies and drinks out. We could snack on the salmon before we head out to the cruise.

MAP-1.jpg

1) Hotel, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave
2) Show location, 2201 Blue Gum
3) My house
4) Fri nite cruise area
5) Grocery/Starbuck's/shopping center, 839 W Roseburg Ave
6) Show registration, Days Inn (behind Pep Boys) 1312 McHenry Ave
7) Gas, Shell / Chevron, 1600 Sisk Road
8) Gas, Chevron, 1400 McHenry Ave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, here's our plan, but please let me know if you want to make any changes.

Friday
3pm - 6pm, pick up registration packets (4pm) and meet at my house for snacks/drinks.
610pm, leave for the cruise downtown
620pm, line up, wander around the cars.
7pm - 8pm, cruise
8pm - end, travel to the Fruit Yard for dinner/live music featuring my band, they serve until 10pm OR on your own. I can offer some alternatives/suggestions.

Saturday
7am, I meet you guys at the hotel and we drive into the show together
715am, arrive, set up, hang out.

"DEL65" said:
Thank you Mike. It's good to know SOMEONE here reads my posts.

Friday's check-in opens at 4pm, and I plan on being there right away. I can pick up the registration packs, stickers, and t-shirts. Just chime in and post your shirt sizes.

Large Please....but I'll probably go with you like last time to help.

"DEL65" said:
Hi all, here's our plan, but please let me know if you want to make any changes.

Friday
3pm - 6pm, pick up registration packets (4pm) and meet at my house for snacks/drinks.
7pm - 8pm, cruise
8pm - end, travel to the Fruit Yard for dinner/live music featuring my band, they serve until 10pm OR on your own. I can offer some alternatives/suggestions.

Saturday

Love it when a plan comes together! :thu

"DEL65" said:

Friday
7pm - 8pm, cruise

Saturday

Sounds like a good plan to me! The boy and I will certainly meet you all at the house before the cruise and again the next morning at the hotel. How busy is the registration place? easy to just drop in and pick up the stuff? I may send the boy earlier in the day.

Also, reservations at the Fruit Yard or are you just winging it?

Ken

"DEL65" said:

Friday
7pm - 8pm, cruise

Saturday

John:

Can you grab me a 2X if they have it on Friday night? For now, since I'm not getting back to town until Friday night, I'll plan on meeting you folks at the hotel at 7am.

Hi, I got the shirt sizes for Mike, Craig, and Bill.

Dinner: Hi Ken, Fruit Yard reservations are a good idea. We can finalize the head count next week. (probably around 10). They have plenty of room, and can move some tables to accommodate our group.

Someone other than yours truly will have to make the reservations, because I'll be setting up and doing other things when you all arrive. Who wants to do it?

Back