• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bodywork started on my Ecoupe***it's done!***

tarafied1

You might recall last October (I think) I had a little incident and busted up the nose on my car. Well the insurance company agreed to pay to have it fixed. I finally got the car into the shop a few weeks ago and they are working on it. While it's in the shop I wanted to have the Eleanor lights taken out of the upper nose. I bought a peace of a nose from Rich at Mustangstofear. They used it to rebuilb/replace that section of the nose by the headlights.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 267
  • Picture 007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • Picture 004.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 206
Re: Bodywork started on my Ecoupe

"tarafied1" said:
While it's in the shop I wanted to have the Eleanor lights taken out of the upper nose.

Any particular reason for that? Just didn't like them as much or something wrong with them? I ask because down the road, I'll be doing the e-nose.

Kat it was just a personal preference thing. All of the Eleanor mods are nice but I really like the original 67 Shelby too. I am just trying to make my car more unique. I had used the Shelby grille and I like how Jason's GT500CR looks without those lights up there. They worked fine there and looked okay. If I hadn't banged it up I wouldn't have changed it.

I had the original rear bumper sand blasted too. I am going to have it painted when they paint the nose. I'll swap it back on in place of the repop chrome bumper on there now. It won't be huge changes but enough to make it a little bit different.

almost ready for paint
72-010411181731-775126.jpeg

72-010411181831-7755159.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

looking damn good..better hurry up on the t-bird so she dosent have to spend the night out in the cold when she gets all prettied up

it's in paint jail. They painted some test panels but haven't got a good match. The painter had some family issues so he has been off. As soon as I get it back I will post some pics

Better put the pressure on them. 43 days until the power tour. :guns

"RapidRabbit" said:
Better put the pressure on them. 43 days until the power tour. :guns
Well,You might as well wait for me :sarc j/k j/k I'll probably be in the nursing home by the time i'm done.... :hide

"tarafied1" said:
went in today to apply pressure. he said next week....
That's what they all say...

well, they got it done. I just brought it home. its dirty cuz it was raining but here it is. what do you guys think? The rear bumper is painted, the nose is fixed and modified to look more Shelby like. I also put new front springs from ORP so it sits higher.
72-270411151548-8025909.jpeg

72-270411151537-8024993.jpeg

72-270411151527-802399.jpeg

72-270411151515-8022780.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back