• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bodywork started on my Ecoupe***it's done!***

"AzPete" said:
Sure....but you won't leave it for two weeks......... Send it now and I will have it warmed up for the run in June.
I'm going to the airport tomorrow but if you want to come and get it, I'll leave the keys in it. After driving that new one you won't like it though. She's rude and crude! and sucks the gas!!!

Looks great Craig, hope to see you on next year's Power Tour. I can not do it this year. I am still working out the management details of the family farm. Will most likely be driving my wife's Mustang since it should have AC by then.

"tarafied1" said:
I'm going to the airport tomorrow but if you want to come and get it, I'll leave the keys in it. After driving that new one you won't like it though. She's rude and crude! and sucks the gas!!!

Sure....so the better half can shot me....lol

The painted rear bumper looks awesome on your car. I like how you've changed just enough so it doesn't look like all the other Eleanor kits.

"janschutz" said:
Looks great Craig, hope to see you on next year's Power Tour. I can not do it this year. I am still working out the management details of the family farm. Will most likely be driving my wife's Mustang since it should have AC by then.
I'm hoping it goes to Texas like the rumors, It typically starts near where it ended.
"garner67" said:
The painted rear bumper looks awesome on your car. I like how you've changed just enough so it doesn't look like all the other Eleanor kits.
Thanks, there were some things about Eleanor I liked and some that I didn't. Since it's a coupe I wasn't trying to clone Eleanor anyway. I really liked the lower nose and the side skirts and how the scoops on the side "fit" the car. I wasn't a big fan of the lights or billet grille. I didn't care for the gas cap on the side either but definitely wouldn't do that on the coupe. I think I am pretty happy with it right now but this car has evolved a lot over the last 20+ years so it may change some more.
Thanks for all the compliments.

before:
72-070211212020-73991039.jpeg

after
72-270411151504-8021446.jpeg

before
72_26_01_10_11_35_11.jpg

after
72-270411151527-802399.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the little lights in the side :shrug but your car looks great! and thanks for all the help :bowdown for the back were you planning somthing like this?
ccrp_1103_14_o1967_ford_mustang_shelby_GT500Rrear_view.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah like that. I guess less chrome. Makes the back match the front a little better.
"S8NS 289" said:
I like the little lights in the side...
If I hadn't messed up the nose and needed to do bodywork and paint I would have left it the way it was. I just like it better without them. I didn't hate them. I just wanted to cross a little more of the Shelby look into it and make it a little more unique i guess.

"tarafied1" said:
yeah like that. I guess less chrome. Makes the back match the front a little better.If I hadn't messed up the nose and needed to do bodywork and paint I would have left it the way it was. I just like it better without them. I didn't hate them. I just wanted to cross a little more of the Shelby look into it and make it a little more unique i guess.

That's what you get when you take it off roading at a car show Craig. :sarc

Back