• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bodywork started on my Ecoupe***it's done!***

CURSE YE CRAIG!! that looks awesome!!! I really like the back bumper i wish i would have just blasted a chrome bumper instead of buying a FG one :rant, but i likey!!! :pbj :beer

Thanks, my original bumper was straight but the chrome was bad. I figured I'd have them paint it when they did the nose. My son welded on the brackets and filled the holes. I'm pleased with the results. Now I think I need to paint the trim on the tail lights...

Looks good Craig, I like the colored bumper and the deletion of the lights in the headlight bucket, 8 lights are a bit much unless you're driving the Sport Family Truckster, then they're stock.
Jon

Looks good. I would paint the tail light trim plus the back up light housings while you're at it.

I think the tail light trim would look good black, the back-up lights...red?

"Jonk67" said:
Looks good Craig, I like the colored bumper and the deletion of the lights in the headlight bucket, 8 lights are a bit much unless you're driving the Sport Family Truckster, then they're stock.
Jon
Yeah, I never really liked all the road rally lights.

Could you flush mount the back up lights? Then anything left exposed would be a minimum and go with red.

hmmm.... I will have to look at that. Right now the cast pot metal repop housings bolt on top of the valance. I don't want to repaint that. I was thinking of bead blasting the chrome and painting the housings.

thanks. I didn't drive it much because we were having a lot wind and potential hail but the new springs feel better. It sits higher than I wanted but maybe they will settle a bit. The springs were the stock front coils with a quarter coil cut off. These are stronger and supposed to lower the car 1" but it looks stock height too me. Anyway, I am going to leave it for the power tour since the tires don't rub and I have a little more ground clearance. If I still don't like the height after the tour I might cut them... It did feel better driving it, I'm glad I switched. Thanks John again for great service. It sucks that I am leaving for Saudi tomorrow and I can't play with it until I come home in a few weeks!

"AzPete" said:
Send it my way....I will run it around a bit for you.....
it's coming down that way in June!
"guruatbol" said:
Awesome. Always nice to see one come back from paint! So pretty! :weas

Mel
thanks Mel, I went into the garage just to look at it and you can still smell the fresh paint!

"tarafied1" said:
it's coming down that way in June!

Sure....but you won't leave it for two weeks......... Send it now and I will have it warmed up for the run in June.

"tarafied1" said:
it's coming down that way in June!thanks Mel, I went into the garage just to look at it and you can still smell the fresh paint!

Oh, rub it in! Laugh it up Funny Boy!!!!! (Who said that? hint he has a lisp.)

Mel

Back