• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car of the Year Poll - update: We have a winner!

Vote for the member you feel deserves the honor of 2010's Car of the Year

• January - KBMWRS

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • February - Jack1966

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • March - Lethal289

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • May - dbfire

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • June - monkeystash

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • July - PJ Moran

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • August - 70StangMan

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • September - DEL65

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • October - Tims65

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • November - cmayna

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • December - LarryG

Votes: 7 8.4%

• Total voters

Kats66Pny

To make things easier (and because I was extremely bored today) I created a little web page that has all our nominees on it.

** Do not vote right away. You get ONE vote so make it count. Look at the pictures, think about it...... and then think about it some more! When you have a headache from thinking, then vote.

Ok now you may go look at the website - [size=1.45em]2010 Car of the Year Nominees

Re: Car of the Year Poll

I just closed my eyes and clicked.

"silverblueBP" said:
I just closed my eyes and clicked.
:char

As for Scary.. well if we added Scary to the vote then there really would be no competition. I think Scary has a permenant title for Car & Owner of a Lifetime. :thu

"Kats66Pny" said:
:char

As for Scary.. well if we added Scary to the vote then there really would be no competition. I think Scary has a permenant title for Car & Owner of a Lifetime. :thu
How's about a poll if SCARY should be allowed to be voted for ?? Just sayin'

"70 StangMan" said:
How's about a poll if SCARY should be allowed to be voted for ?? Just sayin'

If that will make you happy... then I suppose a poll could be done. :)

"Kats66Pny" said:
If that will make you happy... then I suppose a poll could be done. :)
With all do respect.......It ain't for me, but Thank's.

Seems like for the most part it's all Fastbacks with a few convertibles thrown in....

"70 StangMan" said:
What happened to SCARY ?? That is where my vote goes.

I'm not sure how to handle this. Scary has been sold and is in the hands of someone who is a non-member.

There is also the fact that with Scary in the mix, it will undoubtedly trounce the cars that won fair and square.

Put a hold on the poll and let's have some debate about this. I'd particularly like to hear from John's close friends and COTM winners.

I reset the vote count and locked the poll until we have a consensus.

Sluggo,

I think it a great honor to John to be in the COTM voting...

Now that being said, I am not super close to John, I liked him, called him from time to time and would do anything for him. I was devastated when he passed away, so as to being a close friend, well, Sacbill is more of that.

As for what I think John would say, "WTF, I didn't win the COTM< WTF?" So if we want to honor him yes put him in, if we want to do what he would say we should do we should leave Scary out unless Scary was an official winner of COTM.

So there you have it my .02.

(Wink) Thanks Dad....(Wink)

Mel

I agree Mel, I think it would be a nice and well deserved tribute to fellow StangFix member and his car. But upon further review, I did not know John personally (although I feel I did), and his close friends would know what he would have to say about this and that would be a bigger honor to him. His opinion. I didn't mean to create a problem, I was just thinking out loud.

Yep, me too......

I wish we had a thought bubble smiley thingy...

Mel

&quot;70 StangMan&quot; said:
I didn't mean to create a problem, I was just thinking out loud.

There's not a problem. Member input is always welcome.

I didn't know John at all. I read some of his posts and see (saw) the great respect he got (and deserved) on this and another forum. With that said, I think this site honored him beautifully the day of his funeral. That was so touching and an awesome thing. I think anything the StangFix team wants to do to continue to remember and honor him will be supported. I know I will support it. I'm glad he had so many friends and I wish I would have known him better. As for the COTY and with fear of getting rotten tomato's thrown at me, I think it should be for those who won COTM. Just thinking ahead to the future COTY voting. It should be based on something. If we randomly nominate cars that's okay too if all the members support that but that can lead to goofy politics like those local car shows. I think we have plans to honor and pay tribute to John and Scary in the playing cards and maybe the calender. The site can obviously do things around his birthday or a memorial on the day of his passing. I understand he meant so much to so many here but I don't think it would be fair to the COTM winners to throw Scary out there. From what I can surmise, John wouldn't have wanted it that way... I mean no disrespect to John with my opinion here and I didn't win COTM so I have nothing to gain, that's just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

&quot;guruatbol&quot; said:
Sluggo,

I think it a great honor to John to be in the COTM voting...

Now that being said, I am not super close to John, I liked him, called him from time to time and would do anything for him. I was devastated when he passed away, so as to being a close friend, well, Sacbill is more of that.

As for what I think John would say, "WTF, I didn't win the COTM< WTF?" So if we want to honor him yes put him in, if we want to do what he would say we should do we should leave Scary out unless Scary was an official winner of COTM.

So there you have it my .02.

(Wink) Thanks Dad....(Wink)

Mel
&quot;70 StangMan&quot; said:
I agree Mel, I think it would be a nice and well deserved tribute to fellow StangFix member and his car. But upon further review, I did not know John personally (although I feel I did), and his close friends would know what he would have to say about this and that would be a bigger honor to him. His opinion. I didn't mean to create a problem, I was just thinking out loud.

+3

John's passing came at a time where Stangfix was really starting to pick up and go, and I couldn't imagine Member Number 170 not being allowed in.

Why should COTY be restricted to only cars that have previously won COTM?

I didn't know John like others did and only know him from his posts and the memories and stories shared. I kind of like to think that Scary will always & forever be part of StangFix and since it belonged to a wonderful, caring, generous man that everyone misses... that adding it in the poll would only hurt/limit the poll. That there really is no competition if Scary is included since we all know Scary is awesome. Like folks might feel pressured or obligated to vote for Scary because it belonged to JohnPro. If that made any sense? :shrug That's why I decided not to include him in the poll but instead do a little tribute on the little nominee website.

I don't mean to offend anyone, so I apologize if I didn't get my thoughts across.

Umm... I'll leave that to the admins.

&quot;Kats66Pny&quot; said:
I didn't know John like others did and only know him from his posts and the memories and stories shared. I kind of like to think that Scary will always & forever be part of StangFix and since it belonged to a wonderful, caring, generous man that everyone misses... that adding it in the poll would only hurt/limit the poll. That there really is no competition if Scary is included since we all know Scary is awesome. Like folks might feel pressured or obligated to vote for Scary because it belonged to JohnPro. If that made any sense? :shrug That's why I decided not to include him in the poll but instead do a little tribute on the little nominee website.

I don't mean to offend anyone, so I apologize if I didn't get my thoughts across.

Umm... I'll leave that to the admins.

No offense taken Kat, we are all just sharing our feelings to add to the discussion, maybe later we can all sing kumbaya over a fire and smores. LoL!

The admins here are doing a great job and are running an amazing site. It was just a thought I had in regards to why restricting the COTY to only COTM winners, I figured I have never been one for keeping my thoughts to myself. :roul

&quot;abrahamfh&quot; said:

Kind of like Playmate of the Year......best of the Playmates of the Month....or any other monthly competition. If it is open to everyone then the COTM's have nothing "special" as the cream of the crop.

As to JohnPro....I feel it is best at this time to carry on as StangFix.....and each member remember and honor John in their own way. Never forgotten and celebrate his life as you knew it. Think how one honors and remembers the loved ones that have passed in your life. I remember, talk about, joke about, and miss my parents but they do not encompass events I plan.

At this point...StangFix should move on......

Remember, this is my opinion........

&quot;AzPete&quot; said:
Kind of like Playmate of the Year......best of the Playmates of the Month....or any other monthly competition. If it is open to everyone then the COTM's have nothing "special" as the cream of the crop.

Why do you have to make complete sense sometimes Pete. :thu LoL! If I ever go to Australia I am bringing you back some Wattles.

&quot;abrahamfh&quot; said:
Why do you have to make complete sense sometimes Pete. :thu LoL! If I ever go to Australia I am bringing you back some Wattles.

Dang....trying to get someone to use connections to get it shipped in........but I will put this info in the storage files....lol

Back