• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Did I miss the memo at VMF or something?

They get special treatment. they have their own area, where they can talk smack about the rest of us. :craz

I'm gonna put in my $0.02...not that it's worth it. I understand Jeff's point and think it was very well put. A site for hobbyists should not have competition. It's a shame when a site as good as VMF was turns into what it is. I'll leave it at that. As far as Laurie's reasons, I can respect 'em. I'm not going to elaborate on anything that goes on behind the scenes over there as I have no clue. I've even been told, point blank, that I am not wanted over there. So be it. While I can certainly understand the confusion over her deletion, I can also understand her reasoning and any alterior motives that she may or may not have had. And JIC Bob is reading this...I have never met, talked, pm'ed or emailed Ms. Laurie. Now, considering her choice in automobiles, I may have a secret internet crush on her. FWIW, online I'm 6' 2" and 200 lbs of pure muscle. I know that the mods over here have never trashed talked anyone. I would venture a guess it goes on at other sites but considering how little Laurie really gets involved in discussions, I would venture a guess she's not part of it. I've stayed away from most VMF talk over here as it gets nothing accomplished and actually causes me not to look at posts. Now any reference to the Sleazanor makes for a laugh but the VMF does not interest me anymore. With that being said, other people may have some use for it and can hopefully provide some valuable input to another person needing it. I think they're better off over here but hey, we've all not known at one time or another. I'll be the first one to call a spade a spade...as long as it's obvious it's a spade. If we can't see it walking and can't hear it talking, we can't really call it a duck.

Remember, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".-------------------That reminds me, I need to email somebody. BRB

I'd just add the point that when advertising and revenue streams enter the picture (aka forums 'evolving' from one hobbyist's baby to a going enterprise and $$$), that means competition, either real or perceived, becomes an issue.

Clicks and online sales mean money, or the loss of it.

"blue65coupe" said:
Remember, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".-------------------That reminds me, I need to email somebody. BRB

Hey, cool, I just got an email from Duane. Hey...wait a second....

wow never knew there was qualms over the 2 sites. i went through something likes this on the contour svt sites ..

i just joined both sites the same day...wow..everyone seems pretty cool..i dont see where the problems are..im totally lost

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Hey, cool, I just got an email from Duane. Hey...wait a second....

Been gone all afternoon and get back and WTF..my email box is full?

"fordrule" said:
wow never knew there was qualms over the 2 sites. i went through something likes this on the contour svt sites ..

i just joined both sites the same day...wow..everyone seems pretty cool..i don't see where the problems are..im totally lost
I don't know for sure but I think this site exists because of the "nonsense" on the other. I rarely posted over there but knew Dave from his Eleanor build on yet another forum and he got me going over here. I believe all the members or most of them anyway came from "knowing" each other over their and from what I can tell it's all the really cool members! This is what I have guesstimated anyway...

I do not admit to knowing anyone here or there or anywhere for that matter............ :wm?

I say let's all go camping and fire up a big ole fatty. My campfire Smores are to die for. We can even invite the other team, but they do the dishes and dig the holes out behind the trees.

Back