• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Did I miss the memo at VMF or something?

"JeffTepper" said:
I continue to be amazed at what passes for "acceptable" over there. Laurie, if you read this, understand that I like you as a person and I value our friendship. However, your position regarding censorship of a perceived threat by the powers-that-be over there is untenable in a community that has built its reputation upon the free exchange of ideas and information. When posts disappear and long time members are banned for having impure thoughts, I get the feeling that the Thought Police are in charge over there. As a heads up, I suggest you actually take a look at the Forum Rules you cite in support of your postition that are part of the sign up process over there. I just did and conspicuous by its absence is any reference whatsoever to "competing" sites.

First and foremost this is a hobby and site loyalty should not be required to participate. I am a member of several hobbyist sites and until recently, it never dawned on me that I might be perceived as "disloyal" for visiting competing sites. Such a policy would be absurd and frankly is offensive to me. Putting this in perspective, recently someone over there asked about CT. I responded by PM that he could be found at the new Concours Site. My post was instantly censored to delete the reference to that site. Be honest with yourself, the current VMF is much less friendly than it was 18 months ago. There is a reason that a large contingent of old time VMF folks have found a friendlier place to hang out. The drama and BS are just not worth the trouble over there.

IMHO the posts that gets deleted are done at the whim of the mods and has a lot to do with who the poster is. What will pass for one poster will be quickly deleted for another. If a post in a thread needs to be deleted then delete the post not the entire thread.

You can't delete the original post in a thread without deleting the entire thread. The first post in that thread had an ad in it, which is not allowed. Personally, I could care less who the poster is, that doesn't play into how I delete threads. Actually, I've only deleted five threads in probably as many years--two were unpaid ads that were links to eBay auctions, and one was spam.

I put my comments on the VMF, where hopefully they'll do the most good.

Laurie, I hope you don't take what I said personal, but everything you said in that thread on the VMF is BS based on my experiences, both life in general and life on the VMF.

It should be noted that I posted that over there, before reading a single reply of this thread. I found it interesting to see so many of my thoughts echoed by others on this site.

Well, now that thread is gone :wtf I asked a question if someone could post where that rule is since I looked and could not find it and poof, it's gone.

I know Laurie is saying it's a rule, but I looked in all the places I could think of and could not find it. I just wanted to see where I had missed it.

Wow. i love johns response, to bad it never got answered. I especially like the last line. Its like he's a fortune teller. John can you pick me some lottery numbers? :lol

"johnpro" said:
I'm sorry, Laurie, but that's nothing but a a crock of s#$t. When I joined the VMF in February of '98 there where no rules to accept. If they were posted somewhere after that, I guess I didn't get the memo. Most of us knew of 2 rules ... no politics and nothing offensive.

As a moderator, you're charged with following these silly rules? If I was a moderator, I'd be charged with changing them, and quitting if I couldn't change something so childish.

You either have to delete them or someone else will? Again, unless you feel this childish rule is ok, why wouldn't you just look the other way and LET the other more childish moderators do it?

Oh, and pretty much everything said by a moderator in this thread is BS. My thread, where I referenced a posting that I made in another forum was physically changed by a moderator that took the time to go log into that forum, copy my post, and paste it into the body of the VMF post, then deleting all references to the other forum as if I had typed all that into this forum. That's when I stopped coming around here ... when things got SOOO childish that moderators were physically changing what I said.

On the flip side, I saw this post from a link on another site that doesn't have these babyish rules and this thread pissed me off enough that I had to say something.

I imagine this response has the life expectancy of a gnat, but I felt like it had to be said.

Mark im convinced such a list doesn't exist. Maybe theres a code for being a moderator, and maybe its just in the :kaid. I looked out of curiosity from this thread, and i couldn't find a thing.

Dang, guess I gotta start watching that place again.....not really......I can follow most of it here.

I did read what there is for rules when one registers......nothing about what you cannot post...and johnpro is still the top poster....wow......oh well on to better things.

Mark, I think I posted right after you. I posted something along the line, There are no published rules, the Mods have thir own that they go by. :lol

I'm not quite sure what the problem was, a mod says that a rule exists, people look for the rule but cannot find it, members ask for the rule to be linked and then the thread is deleted without answering question. Even if the thread was deleted for other reasons, the question should still be answered IMO.

I don't care whether or not it IS a rule, only that it is out there so we all KNOW it, not just because a mod says so.

Laurie, this is in no way a dig on you, you simply brought to light a rule that apparently exists in secret (unless a link can be provided).

Let me first say that i don't care one way or another. But this whole thing is puzzling. I thought the entire point of that thread was because of deleting another that had a add in the OP's post. Deleting the first post deletes the entire thread. Now the one about rules revisited is gone. So apparently there was something wrong with Lauries first post. Maybe the rule doesn't exist. Then again, maybe its written on a grassy knoll. Hey that place seems to be full of conspiracy theories these days anyway. :craz

I bet some of you wish your sex life was as exciting as this post :lol I never saw the post on the other forum. Why? because I have a personal life and I'm too busy working on Mustangs like what most of you SHOULD be doing :craz

mj2.gif

Darn it, I was too slow. Went to take a shower and get the mail and missed it all!

Not sure what it is all about, but I've now had two posts in the last couple days deleted without so much as the courtesy to PM me and tell me why!

I belonged to another forum for different vehicles and was banned for asking if anyone else had the same issue I did and please contact me if you did. They would contact me and then I forwarded them to my attorney to join the law suite against the mfg in order to get some of the money we were out for a repair we had to do based on their negligence. I was treated the same way. Really all the questions I may have regarding the subject matter can be found on that site by doing a guest search. Besides I have four different email addressed and 15 different computers with different MAC addresses. If I want on somewhere bad enough I can get on.

Now as for the issues over there....

1- Poor Laurie who has to feel torn between two places. I know you have your reasons Laurie and I respect you and will trust you enough to know they must be good. Remember though, you can not serve two masters. At some point you may have to make a choice. I do hope you never have to. I for one like to check both. There are still some over there I still like.

This part was deleted by me, because the responsible parties at VMF and I have talked. Time to let this dead horse die!

So to sum it up, I will keep lurking over there and posting when I feel it is needed, I have lost major respect for some of the guys over there (some has come back since we talked) and after all in the end that is all you have is integrity. I hope they can still look in the mirror. I have made my last wave over there. Laurie you saw the post and told me to be careful, Thanks, but I was not in the mood to be careful.

John, kudos to you for speaking your mind. What you had to say even though I couldn't read the entire thread was true and I guess the truth hurts so out came the eraser!

(Steps down from soap box, sighs, and askes "Can't we all just get along?")

Mel

Back