• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine removal tips

It's all good. Looks like you have it all under control, and you'll be surprised how fast and how little effort it takes to pull an engine out of yer old Mustang.

Just in case we blow through the engine removal, maybe you should have a few extra projects waiting in the wings.

cya in the morning.

You guys will be just fine. Only thing I would add is have lots of tarps and/or kitty litter to catch whatever spills there might be. I found the even after draining my radiator, there was still a big mess from coolant pouring out of the engine. Good luck and have fun!

It's all wrapped up. No spills or busted knuckles. Started around 10a, and done by 12:30p. Then, courtesy of Abe and his Dad, we had some killer tacos. Best of all, JohnPro made an appearance just to make sure we were well supervised.

I'm sure some pics will be posted by Craig and/or Abe to prove the event actually happened.

Nor Cal StangFix'ers rock! :pbj

"garner67" said:
Nor Cal StangFix'ers rock! :pbj

I gotta say, even from 3000 miles away, it's pretty evident, your right. Y'all are one helluva bunch out there! :5

Abe had his chit together. That was the easiest, fastest engine pull I've ever done. Thanks for having me over, Abe. It was great to get out of the house, get out of the city, and work on cars with good friends!!!

:nk

Back