• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Front end changes...

The perches did not cause this problem. They just brought it to my attention a bit more.

According to a referenced post, Granada spindles can give a bump steer problem.

"AzPete" said:
The perches did not cause this problem. They just brought it to my attention a bit more.

According to a referenced post, Granada spindles can give a bump steer problem.
I'm using Granada spindles on my 67, I don't think the bump steer is any worse than the stock spindles but they have been on there a long time. Maybe I'm used to it. ANy fix for bump steer on Granada spindles? (sorry, I should start a new thread)

The Granada spindle has the same geometry as the 67-up cars so you wouldn't notice a change. They are a little different than the 65-66 but the bump steer issue can be handled with a performance alignment.

no AzPete, I missed that link I guess. Good stuff. I am lucky I guess. I have not had any issues like they Or you describe. I have the stock springs, Granada spindles and wide sticky tires all with the 1" Shelby drop. The car handles great and like I said before, I don't think the bump steer issue is any worse than the original spindles were but I do know it has some bump steer (more than a newer car anyway). Thanks and good luck with yours!

"Opentracker" said:
The Granada spindle has the same geometry as the 67-up cars so you wouldn't notice a change. They are a little different than the 65-66 but the bump steer issue can be handled with a performance alignment.
that explains it then. I do have a performance alignment too. I got the specs from Dazecars.com a few years ago!

A good day in Midlife's Garage Majal. Pulled the UCA's and installed 1/2" longer bolts. Aligned everything up to 0 Camber, a shade below 2* Caster, and 1/8" toe in. Went for a drive, and car tracks well! Only issue was that we didn't adjust the toe equally on each side, so the steering wheel is a bit off center. Pete will take it in for a full checkup on the alignment: the guy scoffed when Pete suggested we could align it close ourselves. I'd love to see his expression when we got it close. We didn't adjust the steering wheel so the alignment guy will have something to work on. *LOL*

Oh, and the beer was Wattles, and is always great!

Yep, what he said. Driving great now. Now to see how those perches really work...................

That is great news, congratulations. Now the fun part, driving with a smile again.

Mid, your da man for helping out. :toot

:toot :toot Well, the '66 went to the alignment shop this am. After he checked what we had things set to, he found that the car was setup absolutely correct. :toot :toot Our settings on his gauges came out to 0 camber, 2* caster, and 1/8th toe. Great job Midlife. All the shop did was reset the toe because we had missed the steering wheel being off center. Car drives pretty good now............ :toot :toot :cool

Great news Pete, you guys should pat yourselves on the back for a job well done.

I'm serious for a change!

That's friggin' amazing! It only took 3 hours to do the alignment, and that included the necessary after-work beverage consumption.

Think of all the $$ we saved ya!

Hell, if the two of you, slap off your asses drunk on Wattles (after work beverage, sure Mid) and with Mid's constantly being distracted by thinking of other things :mid were able to do a good alignment, maybe I'll be able to figure it out bone sober. Although, like Mid, I'm always distracted thinking about other things. :3sum

Great job, guys! Glad your car is back to normal, Pete. I expect a full writeup on those ORP perches. I'll get a set sooner or later.

Steve

"AzPete" said:
I would use my RV as my daily driver before I got that low... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

That's only because your OLD. And can not bend down that low to get in my lowered GO car.

So.... :stfu

Back