• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gertrude runs again!!!!!! now w/video!

Kat,
Lesson #1 - When firing up a motor for the first time, covering your ears is like covering your eyes when a very HOT chick walks by.

You DON'T do that! :no

Still, a big congrats on the fire up. You've taken a big step.

"cmayna" said:
Kat,
Lesson #1 - When firing up a motor for the first time, covering your ears is like covering your eyes when a very HOT chick walks by.

I like my ears and like being able to hear out of them!

Re: Gertrude runs again!!!!!!

"Kats66Pny" said:
Try not to laugh at my reaction. Wasn't expecting it to be that loud. :roll

Looks to me like you were having fun!

Congrats Kat, I hope to be there one day soon.

Just an FYI, looking at your trans cooler it is mounted the way B&M advises against with a reason:
"Mount the B&M SuperCooler with the fittings on top or on the sides. It is not recommended to mount the cooler with the fittings pointing down as this may create an air pocket in the cooler resulting in reduced cooling efficiency. When mounting the cooler with the fittings on the right or left side, the lower fitting must be the inlet with the top fitting routing the fluid back to the transmission."

http://www.bmracing.com/PRODUCTS/Coolers
It's in the PDF on the bottom right.
Jon

It's only hanging that way because it isn't mounted. lol Hard to see but I have bailing wire holding it up through the holes in the radiator support so it doesn't lay on the ground. Temporary thing.

"cmayna" said:
Uh.......Johnny, care to elaborate? What time is the BBQ?

We're getting a new Cleveland for Shari's track car. Should make a bunch of loud noises.

BBQ - I'm not sure but I'll keep you posted

moreoldphotos%20334.jpg

Cleveland? How dare you ever consider firing one of those beasts up without my presence?

Well I was going to start putting Gert back together yesterday... the fenders back on, grille, export brace, new monte carlo bar I got a while back. Damn my luck I forgot the clips/nuts for the fenders were thrown away! :rant
Most were so rusted they broke when I took the fenders off. So I can't put the fenders on until I get those and some new fender bolts. Some of those broke too.

Looks like she won't make it to the car Saturday. Oh well. Another couple weeks and she should be on the road again. Atleast she runs and that alone is motivating enough for me to work on her little each day until she can be driven. :thu

U-nuts are stocked at most decent hardware stores so you should be able to get everything you need locally.

Ummmm, its only Tuesday....... You can pick the bolts and clips up at damn near any auto parts house. You have damn near 5 full days. Nothing like getting the car done right before a show! When the MCA show was here in Dallas ole sluggo ventured north and gave me a hand (actually both of his and one of mine) and got the car ready for the show on Thursday night. We tightened her up, took a test drive, put her to bed, took the wives to dinner and called it a day. He washed the car for me Friday while I was at work and we made the show Sat morning. I was trying to put it off a little longer, trying to roll in at the last minute, but he wouldnt let me.

Back