• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gertrude runs again!!!!!! now w/video!

Re: Gertrude runs again!!!!!!

Congrats Kat!

"silverblueBP" said:
That's pretty funny Kat. It's always great to fire up a new engine! I'd post up some video of mine from back in 03 if it wasn't packed away somewhere. I was jumping for joy in that one.

Mark should know all about firing up new engines....I am surprised you don't have a few videos of that nature running around Mark.

"RustyRed" said:
Congrats Kat!

Mark should know all about firing up new engines....I am surprised you don't have a few videos of that nature running around Mark.

I did post the fire of the engine last spring after the rebuild, DB. I just don't have digital vid of the FIRST fire.

Yes it's only Tuesday... but besides getting the parts to get the fenders back on, windshield still needs to be installed, shifter hooked back up, drive shaft put back in, get it registered with antique plates, exhaust put back together, and find wheels and take it to get alignment done.

and then there's the misc things like put the seats in, steering column and steering wheel, bleed the brakes, and figure out the underdash wiring and see if the dash cluster can be installed.

Tsk Tsk Tsk......Such excuses! :no Nevertheless....do your underdash wiring stuff before you install the seats and steering wheel.

Yeah, there is tons more room when there's no seats or steering column/wheel in the way. Since I have no job anymore, it's going to take me a while to save up and get a new wiring harness. One of the car club guys was telling me about the harness he used... http://www.kwikwire.com/wireharnesses.html Not bad pricing. :confu

I suggest you stick to a stock harness. Not trying to be mean or anything but look at the trouble you went through just hooking up the basic wiring under the hood. Installing a "one-size-fits-all" generic harness is NOT a simple project. Either send yours to Mid to be repaired (it probably only has a couple issues caused by the PO) or just buy one of his outright. Then its plug-n-play and done quite easily.

Cheap and simple.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Yeah, there is tons more room when there's no seats or steering column/wheel in the way. Since I have no job anymore, it's going to take me a while to save up and get a new wiring harness. One of the car club guys was telling me about the harness he used... http://www.kwikwire.com/wireharnesses.html Not bad pricing. :confu

Get one from Midlife or have him rebuild yours.

He went through my under dash harness and no complaints, it works great.

I didn't realize you stopped working?

Yeah boss said he couldn't afford to keep paying me to work when no cars selling. :shrug So got my last check Friday and it's already spent. lol

ConGrats Kats..Great videos you look so excited and happy I would be also :thu We will keeep you in our prayers that a job comes open for you..Always when a window closs there will be another door that will be opened...Again ConGrats on the fireup with no fires lol.. God bless

"classicdoug" said:
Sorry to hear that Kat. Definitely use a stock wire harness. It will save you lots of trouble.

+1

If I were wiring a street rod, or a kit car, i might go with something other than stock, but I have found the stock harness (properly repaired, or in good shape) to be the least trouble. Just my .02

Back