• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Got to love Craigslist!

Kats66Pny

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/2221164490.html
3k83o13p85O65Z65X3b2i22c78b0c1d511268.jpg

:confu

... WAY more than Gertrude. I just like the look of the 70's. :thu No way I'd buy it. Maybe some years down the road when Gert is done! :roll

That's rougher than two nights in jail. Although, I like em that way (or that's all I can afford to get into to). The toughest part to me would be the roof skin. Do they even repop those?
Bill

I think he misplaced the decimal point. That car is worth $25,000.00, at least!

"70_Fastback" said:
I myself would like to see the VIN.

The vin is 0F02F120737.

Not a Boss dangit but of course 2500 I didn't thnk it would be. I couldn't help it and had to ask the seller. You just never know!!
Engine: F 302 2v V8

CL is great until YOU want to sell something~ When selling something, before anyone has seen what I have in person to sell, is "What's the least you'll take?" Then never show up! argh!

I love this line.... "The car is a solid rolling chassis. The car has the usual mustang rust"

Kat, I know exactly how you feel! I go on CL alot just to see what's out there, but we have to be strong, continue with what we have~ you can get your car going! "never give up, never surrender!" And yes, you need the equipment to do the job!! After what I've spent, and many others here, we can easily add up in our head what it's going to take to put a rusty stang back on the street! ching ching! That's why they become long term projects~

I really need to stop looking on craigslist but dangit I can't help it!!

Or I could spend $2000 on stuff like an air compressor, a welder, etc. :thu
[/quote]

+1 regarding spending time looking at Craigs List. I look all the time with zero intentions of buying anything. Just window shopping and keeping an idea of what the market is doing for certain types of cars (like Mustangs and Trans Ams in particular)

The sad thing about Craigs list is if you want to find out exactly how many idiots are out there in the world, list a car for sale on CL sometime.

If it were me Kat, I'd invest the money in tools and / or getting Gert up to snuff.

I like the 1970 cars but what I've always really wanted to redo if I ever get the money is a '57 Chevy. A friend in high school had one that was bad a** and would run high 11's in the quarter. Takes a ton of money though to build a motor that will take a heavy car like that down the track that fast. Part of the reason I wouldn't mind having one is I see request all the time for organizations having fundraiser sock hops that you can't take a '60 model Mustang to help out.

If I ever had the money... I'd want a Morgan Roadster. :thu Another dream car of mine since I was the movie War of the Roses years and years ago. lol

Back