• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Had some me time

Super clean work, Bruno. Got me to remembering when I had to tackle that job. I don't recall exactly how I handled the lower mount and cabin seal but now I MUST go take a peek and see. Hope I did it as neatly as you.

NEED HELP.
Today I wrapped the LH header with some header wrap I had laying around. Now was the time to use it. No pics , sorry .
Then it was time to get the hoses on the steeringbox cause I have headers and things are not the same as with regular exhaust manifolds.
I need a 45° angle hardline as short as possible. I already use the longest p/s belt so the pump sits as high as possible.
John at OpentrackerRacing told me a while ago to use the six cylinder hose kit cause lines/hoses are longer but that doesn't help me.
I am using the ford p/s pump.
I also gonna bent the hardlines at the steeringbox to have more clearence at the headers.
Don't want the hoses melt at the headers and pumping oil on those !!!!!
So a small adapter I need. Any help is welcome cause I have no clou where to watch for that.
Something like that will do the trick also..

Attachments

• 39143_1.jpg
    39143_1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Is that the adapter you need?

Also suggest wrapping exhaust where it gets near your Gas pedal foot/floorboard.

Pics is an example. Don't know what thread the ford p/s pump has.
As for wrapping exhaust pipe beneath floor....done. Thx.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

Is this any help?

Taken from Gates PAS high pressure line product information (https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p.7255-000000-000000.html)

1967-70 Mustang power steering hose kit has a pressure line for inverted flare fittings. Large female inverted flare is 5/8 x 18 IFF and the smaller end is ½ x 20 inverted flare male. There is also an adapter to reduce the smaller end from ½ x 20 to 3/8 x 24 IFM.
  • End (1) type: Male inverted flare
  • End (2) type: Female SAE
  • End (1) Diameter: .3125"
  • End (2) Diameter: .375"
  • Length: 20.125"

Thats the shape I need. Would this be it I need ?

Last edited:
I ordered one I think it will be the right one.
How long it does take to get in Belgium...I don't know !!

Damm , I now see its out of stock !!!

No , just finding one ! Seems harder then I tought.

Is this it?

Or this one?

Last edited:
First one seems to be ok. 45°flare , 5/8-18 ?
Second one , is one that goes onto an end of a hose .
Thx for the info. Gonna search with brand and #.

OK. Broke the bank.
I ordered it in the states through Ebay ......$62 (2pcs) for a 90° and a 45° adapter.
Now lets see when it arrives at my doorstep.

Back