• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Horseplay's Man Cave

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
As we all know, there are plenty of things in life that keep us from working on or enjoying our cars. Typically it is my job that takes up all of my time. Lately, however, I have made a very determined effort to find the time to complete a project that has been running on for far too long. Finishing up the last section of my basement.

I am fortunate to have a very large space with which I started. The first section I did was a bedroom, bathroom and all around hang out/TV space for my teenage son. I got that finished up and took a break. That left the weight room, storage room, game room and bar rooms for later. Well I decided later needed to be now a couple weeks ago. Tired of having the space unused and I really wanted it done to enjoy for the football season and cold winter months ahead.

I got it all framed out, wired, plumbed where necessary and the drywall up. Still need to tape off some areas but I will do those as I move along room by room.

Right now my focus is where it should be and that it is the bar room. It is by far the most challenging and will take the longest in terms of finishing. Aside from the bar and back bar, there will be a stone faced fireplace and LOTS of trim work. Columns, crown, etc. Going for an old pub type of look and feel. I got a good deal on some pre-fab generic cabinets I will used as a base for the bar that I modified. The rest is/will be stick built by me. I'm even making some of the trim moldings myself since the local big box stores don't have some of what I want in stock.

I am so intent on getting this done I just did something I have yet to do this entire year. I just sent in a vacation notice to take a few days off. Hopefully I can stay away from the phone and computer enough to actually use the time to get things done.

Any way, here are some pics of where I am at the present. More to come as it moves along.

A few more. I forgot the pics of the back bar as it sits today. You'll notice it is set up and wired for a flat screen. I'll have others in the main living space around the corner. Can't miss a down of the Bears game wherever I am, right?

Not bad for a lay person. I would have suggested a running book match on the wood behind quartered face frames, but you didn't ask.

Seriously, very nice job T E R R Y :thu

"silverblueBP" said:
Not bad for a lay person. I would have suggested a running book match on the wood behind quartered face frames, but you didn't ask.

Seriously, very nice job T E R R Y :thu
All about budget and tools. Trying to work with stock lengths and such available at the store. The only custom stuff I am using is some bar rail. I ordered it from out of state as they were the only guys I found that could give me a 12' length. To keep cost down, I utilized 4 x 8 ply as frugally as possible which meant I couldn't lay things out the may I may have liked. By the time I finish trimming out the pilasters and face frame, etc. all the multiple levels and such will disguise it well. I also intend a multi-step stain/wash/clear finish to add a lot of character.

Damn dude, I've heard you gay pride marchers had skillz with wood but I didn't realized it was actual wood from a tree. Nice job peckerhead.

"lethal289" said:
Nice work Terry, Are those corbels available at the big box stores? Looks really good.
No. I had to order those from a place called VanDykes Restorers. They can get pricey but if you time it right you can catch a pretty good sale. The big box offerings are pretty slim and not as large as I wanted.

"blue65coupe" said:
Damn dude, I've heard you gay pride marchers had skillz with wood but I didn't realized it was actual wood from a tree. Nice job peckerhead.
Up until that last remark I was considering building you your own park bench for when you go out drinking with the big boys. Candyass.

"RapidRabbit" said:
Wow, looks awesome so far. Too bad its all going to be wasted watching bears games.

:censored
He's a true Packer fan...looking to leave the state. :yah

DA BEARS!!!!

Back