• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Horseplay's Man Cave

"KBMWRS" said:
:yah :yah :yah :yah
True, true
Not after the beating they just took......

Awesome work on the man cave! I'm hoping to build one some day.....

"Horseplay" said:
Up until that last remark I was considering building you your own park bench for when you go out drinking with the big boys. Candyass.

No thanks, you'd probably want to be the parkbench.

I sure thought I would have had much more to post about here by now. I know it is my own fault but I lost a lot of time this week during my "vacation" to my job. First days off I have taken all year and I still was hounded by calls and e-mails with work. It amazes me that even when people know your are off, hear your vacation notice on VM they STILL expect you to respond. Can't tell you how many "emergencies" there have been that required me to step in to resolve the past few days. I know...I shouldn't be answering the phone etc....

Anyway, what time I did have was spent taping drywall. Did I ever mention how much I hate that job? This last part of the basement I am working on has just under 60 sheets of rock (most are 10'). I also have this thing for "creative" ceilings that just add to the number of joints requiring taping. Idiot. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be into paint. Then I can get to staining and finishing the bar and trimming things out.

I'll post some more pics later when there is something to see. Don't think anyone really wants to look at drying mud.

When I had my home built I had an extra deep pour done so I would have higher basement ceilings. This allowed me the ability to add soffits and such to create various different finished ceilings and still keep at least an 8' ceiling height.

And those are a lotta work. They add tons of visual interest though.

Time to resurrect this thing. The holidays and then work had kept me at a standstill for quite some time but I recently got back at it downstairs. Tired of it not being finished. Most of the recent work has been finishing up all the drywall and a lot of detail work on the bar and other trim. Here's some pics.

Since this is a mustang forum...anyone see the mustang part in one of these pics? I have a storage room I built behind the door in one of the pics where I have my front fenders and all my interior panels for safe keeping.

Put the scratch coat on the fireplace today. All this sanding of the wood and drywall is BORING. Figure I can install the stone to give me a change of pace this week.

I think its time to organize a meeting so we can "consecrate/bless" Horseplay's Man Cave !!
What you say stangfixers ??

( Damm !!! , live on the wrong continentinel plate )

"beach pony" said:
Is that a front valence I see on the table?
We have a winner!

Believe it or not that thing is shiny black but is so covered in drywall dust it almost disappears. I have to go hang it in the back room before it gets damaged. No idea why I left it out like that.

Wow, coming together nicely!

Did you do all the wood work or did you have a cabinet guy do it?

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Wow, coming together nicely!

Did you do all the wood work or did you have a cabinet guy do it?

Mel
I did/do everything in the basement myself. From framing to plumbing to electrical to drywall to tiling, etc. I can't accept paying anyone to do something I can do myself. Even if it takes a lot longer.
I will confess to buying stock upper cabinet boxes that I used behind the bar. I simply couldn't build them for the price. I did improve them with better corner blocks and gluing. I also made a lot of the trim pieces I used too. Not too tough if you have the right tools and, like our cars, its a pretty good feeling when you do something custom like this.

I just want to get it done. Today project is to build the banister for the stairs.

Back