• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Horseplay's Man Cave

Wow, you have mad skills! I'm not worthy!

My wall unit came out nice, but you just wooped all over me!

Mel

I've submitted your work to Woodworkers magazine and you should be inducted into the lay- woodworkers association. You will contacted shortly with all the pertinent information, including the super cool (and secret) hand shake.

Check one more thing off the to-do list. Built the lower level stair banister today.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. You all have a standing invite to come toss back a few anytime you're in the area. You'll just have to excuse the dust until it's finally finished.

Excellent work! I'm working on finishing the upstairs to my house, nothing special. Unfortunately I have to farm out some of the work since time does not allow me to do it. I enjoy the change in pace and doing something different when I can..

Wow. A year has passed since I posted anything here. Not surprising as most of the work has happened in the past month or two. No wonder my car is going so slowly. This basement project was a "priority" to get finished. LOL. I need to find a new job that allows a personal life.

Anyway. A lot has been done. As a matter of fact, about all that is left to complete is the flooring. Here are the latest pics.

Attachments

• bar done 1.jpg
    bar done 1.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 41
  • bar done 2.jpg
    bar done 2.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 41
  • fireplace done 2.jpg
    fireplace done 2.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 41
  • fireplace done.jpg
    fireplace done.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 41
a couple more...

Attachments

• finished back bar.jpg
    finished back bar.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 40
  • back finished bar.jpg
    back finished bar.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 22
Here are some in progress shots along the way if you are interested.

Attachments

• crown finishing.jpg
    crown finishing.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 98
  • fireplace pre mortar.jpg
    fireplace pre mortar.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 92
  • staining bar.jpg
    staining bar.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 96
  • staining.jpg
    staining.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 91
Where's the stripper pole?

Excellent craftsmanship! The fancy pieces at the base of the bar - did you purchase those or make them?

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm really pleased with how the whole thing is turning out. Can't wait to complete it and then just sit back and enjoy.

I bought the corbels (fancy pieces). I made the pilasters and everything else. I would have loved to tried my hand at carving but given the discounted price I was able to buy them at it made no sense to try and make my own.

SWMBO nixed the pole.

So...who wants a drink?

"Horseplay" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
"Horseplay" said:
So...who wants a drink?

What's on draft?
Nothing on tap. I'm a whiskey drinker but I can stock up on any beer you'd like.

Not a whiskey drinker, just beer. Whisky doesn't go well with boiled peanuts.

Sprite for me!

Can't tolerate the cafinated drinks and alcohol makes me drunk with no return on any horizon!

30 years sober!

When are we having a cruise in and lavish dinner???? Um, Superbowl?

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back