• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I need a magic wand

Kats66Pny

So I can just waive it and Gertrude will be finished and back on the road. I set the goal of Oct 8th to get her all fixed and driving again. That's my car clubs annual car show date. Seems like I'm never going to get a chance to work on her. :shrug Either my boss has be doing stuff, kids have me busy (I hate summer vacation lol), or it's just too damn hot outside to do anything.

To top it off.. now my husband and my kids are saying Gert has to be on the road by September, in time for the Buffalo Stamped, a small town festival that has a car show in my husbands hometown. Now I'm feeling the stress which doesn't make working on Gert any fun at all. :roul

Guess I'm just going to have to force myself today and work in the heat and get Gert back on 4 jack stands so I can try and remove suspension/steering stuff. :skul If you don't hear from me in 2 days... then I died from heat stroke! lol

Get a GOOD fan and have at it.

6-20-09_squirrel_cage_blower.JPG

Welcome to the real world reality of the hobby!

I have essentially taken about a year off my project (that was supposed to be done by now!) do to life's little interruptions. Aside from job :rant, kids, wife and such I had to finish almost half my basement (1000 sq/ft) . The best I could ever manage during this time was a stolen hour here or there every other week. Most of those ours were just standing there trying to figure out what to do. I hate starting something and not being able to finish or at least reach a logical stopping point. Since I am modifying or at least updating every single thing on the car it seems nothing is ever done quickly.

The one bit of advice I will give you is plan, plan and plan some more. Map out exactly what you want to accomplish on a given day and make sure you have everything you will need and know just how you are going to go about getting it done. Nothing wastes more valuable time than setting aside a few hours to get some work done and having to spend half of it looking for parts/tools or running out to pick up something you didn't have on hand.

Oh, one other thing. You think heat is bad? Try laying on a concrete floor in the middle of a Chicago winter. Heat I can deal with...

Oh, one other thing. You think heat is bad? Try laying on a concrete floor in the middle of a Chicago winter. Heat I can deal with...
Yeah... nothing like fingers so numb you cant tell if you're actually turning a bolt... :rant

Tell them deadline makers to git their behinds out and help if they want it done!!

Just change the year when the car is supposed to be ready....I did that 5 times.

Take a deep breath Kat. Like Midpack said, if they want it done, then they can help. Don't set a show deadline. You'll run yourself ragged and not get the car done like you want to.

We had a hot day yesterday. I live about 15 minutes from you and was in my garage at 9 o'clock last night working on dynamat and KoolMat on my fastback. The thermometer in the garage said 102.

Keep your head up!!! You can always enter it in the show as unfinished!

Doug

Well I did something today... kind of. Back in December I bought a new master cylinder (dual) for Gert I was going to put on. Well since I'm working and have a little bit of extra money now, I decided to upgrade to disc brakes (going to get CSRP) and the MC I bought wouldn't have worked since it was for drums. So I took it back to O'Reillys and got my money back.

Now I'm going to go relax in our new pool and work on my tan. :roll

google search overloaded due stangfix members looking for something called kats66pny.....

Suck it up, Kat.
I was in a very similar situation 10 years ago. Car was painted in Dec and I had the entire interior out of it (including windows, regulators, etc.) And pulled the entire front clip off and rebuilt the suspension. Teebone had visited me in Feb and didn't think I could pull it off. I would put my son n wife to bed at 10pm n proceed to wrench till 2am.

Get it done.

When you find that magic wand send it my way. I cant seem to get my car done either. I set my goal for may 15th so I could go on the power tour. Yeah right. I work on my car during the little ones nap time a couple days a week. Talk about slow progress.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back