• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I need a magic wand

Sometimes you have to set deadlines to motivate yourself to actually do something. Last year I decided that I wanted the K convertible done before the Grand National in September. I probably did a year's worth of work in 3 weeks!

I was talking with my husband last night telling him unless I make myself spend atleast 1 hour every night doing something on Gertrude, she will never get done in time. He said he'll help (finally lol) in a couple of weeks. He has like 5 nights left of class of summer 1 session and he won't be going to summer 2 in July so I have his help every night in July. :thu

"Kats66Pny" said:
I wish I could put in an A/C unit in the garage, but it's a rental house. No windows at all and owners probably wouldn't appreciate it if I cut a hole in the wall. LOL Maybe I can get one of those portable ones that wouldn't require me to make any alterations to the garage? :confu

I've been thinking of getting a small window unit and a piece of plywood cut to the same height as the AC unit, close the garage door on the top of the unit and plywood to block the rest of the opening and run it like that? The AC needs to vent the hot air outside. Heck I could put hinges on the plywood and attach it to the bottom brace of the door so I could swing it up and hook it to the door so all I have to do is flip it up/down when needed.

When you're done with the unit just pull it in the garage and shut the door. Attaching some small coasters/wheels to the bottom of the AC unit would make that easier too. I'm all for simplicity, if it took me 2 min. to roll out the AC unit and flip the plywood down I'd get started quicker and it'd only look bad for the couple hrs. I'd be in the garage, I could slap some white paint on the plywood to hide it more too. I have windows in my garage but they face the street and that wouldn't go over as well with the wife and neighbors....
Jon

I am actually planning on doing something similar. I am looking at getting a window ac unit and making a moveable rack on wheels, so when I need it I can just open the window and roll the unit in. Then roll it out when I'm done. Don't want to see an ugly ac unit sticking out the window when im not using it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"RapidRabbit" said:
I am actually planning on doing something similar. I am looking at getting a window ac unit and making a moveable rack on wheels, so when I need it I can just open the window and roll the unit in. Then roll it out when I'm done. Don't want to see an ugly ac unit sticking out the window when im not using it.

Shouldn't you be more concerned with heat in your garage? Or do you already have that one figured out?

Butts frozen to the concrete is a Wisconsin tradition, but I do have a propane heater in there for the winter.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
Suck it up, Kat.
I would put my son n wife to bed at 10pm n proceed to wrench till 2am.

Been there, done that and have the T-shirt.

Here in Texas it's still hot has heck even at 10 p.m. but it's a lot cooler then late afternoon. Early morning is the only way to beat the heat.

I've decided not to set any dates on my Trans Am. It'll get done when it gets done. Bought it in November and made some pretty good progress November to February. Been slow going since March and I am not the least bit concerned about it. I do want to find a good weekend here soon to rebuild the front end though because the car is pretty much a crappy ride in it's current state. Needs bushings and probably several other pieces replaced.

I was always in more of a hurry to get the Mustang back on the road when I was working on it because it was my only "fun" car. Not worried about it with the TA because I have the Mustang to drive.

I also figured out that with the TA around I am out of room and can't juggle anything else time wise, space wise or money wise so why get in a hurry. When I get the TA done I'll be stuck with no projects unless I do some sort of upgrade on the Stang like maybe putting in an AOD at some point down the road.

"cmayna" said:
If I lived down there in fire pit America, I'd for sure have an AC in the garage.

I've kicked around ideas for how to put an AC in the garage...but I don't have a window so still kicking it around.

"RustyRed" said:
I've kicked around ideas for how to put an AC in the garage...but I don't have a window so still kicking it around.

Pick it up and put it on a table......

Don't need a window, just a proper size hole in the wall.

"RustyRed" said:

Too bad they don't make an electric tool that cuts window openings in existing structures, that would be a cool tool to have!

Re: Re: I need a magic wand

"silverblueBP" said:
Too bad they don't make an electric tool that cuts window openings in existing structures, that would be a cool tool to have!

Psst, Ah Mark they do its' called a sawzsall. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"silverblueBP" said:

Did you ever think of trying a saw?

"silverblueBP" said:

A lot of the other side of the garage wall is brick except for the breeze way area between the garage and the house. Don't think the wife would care for the back of an AC unit hanging out of the wall on the breeze way.

One wall opposite the breeze way faces the street and I don't think our a-hole community association types would care for it either.

The back wall would be fine if it weren't for the bricks.

What's really too bad is they don't make track cars with motors not prone to blowing up in Kansas :nut

Kat,
I feel your pain, I've been getting up at 6am on the weekends to get a few hours wrenching in on my mustang, This is going to be one hell of a hot summer!

Back