• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

May 2011 Toy of the Month Nominations

Kats66Pny

May's theme is TOYS
it can be a car/truck/motorcycle/boat/whatever.

*First 5 nominations will be added to the poll.
*If the toy has won before in the past, it is not eligible again.
(If someone has 2 (or 3..4 etc) vehicles, each vehicle can win ONCE)​

Re: May 2011 COTM Nominations

I will start things off with nominating Laurie's Baja boat.

Still waiting for pics.............. :rulz

Just mixing it up a bit. Giving people an opportunity to share some of their non-mustang toys with us.

I nominate Monkeystash's Judge.

53_14_07_09_10_14_03_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll probably sit this one out. I feel it should at least be a Ford and prefer it be a Mustang.

No offence intended.

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

"guruatbol" said:
I'll probably sit this one out. I feel it should at least be a Ford and prefer it be a Mustang.

No offence intended.

Mel

No offence but i am with Mel.
At least FORD related. :confu
My 0.02ct opinion.

I think a little variety is nice. Sure we all love us some Fords, but there are some really nice toys out there that aren't Fords! Like Rusty's TA! :thu

Some interesting nominations. Gotta see that boat......anybody wake up Laurie to let her know she still has not provided the photos....?

With as much diversity as there is on this site, changing to other types of monthly choices is a nice difference. I look at it like I do at car shows. I can do a quick glance at the Mustangs and see for the most part if there is something to catch my eye....otherwise, it really is a lot of the same. Yes, one can get involved in each car but after a while....... The build threads are where the meat of the Mustangs come to life. Things you do not see with a single picture.

Like the Pensacola show....took pics of mostly non Mustang vehicles....and heaven forbid....some non Fords...lol. It is all about supporting our favorite site. Come on fellow Stangfixers.....it is not as if you have to own the monthly choice.....just picking the nicest one you see from the nominations.

How about my 1967 AMF 65 Mustang! is that toy enough for the group? I bought this for my son in 1990, restored it and then was offered $1,000.00 for it. I could not sell it but I also I could not allow my son to play with it!!! has been hanging on my garage wall for 21 years now. In 1967 my dad got a 67 Fairlane GTA and the dealer was selling the peddle cars for $12.95 so I got one for my Christmas gift from Santa! I loved this toy and it started my love of Mustangs. When I had kids I wanted to get one for my boys to love but once I was offered big money for it I could not bring myself to allow them to beat it up. All 4 of my kids have played with it but they have been supervised!!!

1st pic is after it was restored.
2nd pic is my oldest son in it the day I purchased it (1990)
No pic survive of me in my peddle car.

Attachments

• Mustang #6.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Scan11-04-04 0747.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 120

"Sluggo" said:
Just mixing it up a bit. Giving people an opportunity to share some of their non-mustang toys with us.

I nominate Monkeystash's Judge.
How about a sub-thread (if there is such a thing) and leave the COTM to members cars ??? IMO, it used to be a place of honor among members and voted on by your peers. Now it seems to be getting a little trivialized and losing it's original purpose. Not to mention potential new members just checking out the site and seeing maybe a tricycle or a Firebird on the header. Either way, just my .02.

I'm amazed.
I expected to see at least 2 nominations of "Toys" that included Big Knockers.
Maybe we are all getting old!
As far as the non Ford nominations, I'm easy, as i believe they are all good cars, especially that Judge

To clarify, I like many other cars but I am not here for the other cars.

If we have one non mustang a year and one project that is way more than enough.

Just my opinion.

I might vote for the toy mustang pedal car.

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I agree it should be there should be at least something ford or mustang related to the nomination....

:sarc Therefore if it's not too late how about my "Ranchero"

elcamino-99.jpg
J/K....

Seriously though....

Jeremy's FORD POWERED RAT ROD gets my nomination....

There's a lot of room on the header. Maybe these non mustang votes could share the right side of the header a few months out of the year. There are tons of deserving Mustangs on this site and more joining everyday. I think stangfix should feature one every month.

Back