• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang playing cards

"Sluggo" said:
Then there's this classic....
dsnjoverfuji.jpg

That's all real...look at the shadows....you need to get out more. :pbj :yah

Last edited by a moderator:
"guruatbol" said:
Why in the world would you co-pilot that?

You can't pay me enough money to be the co-pilot for SWMBO on or off the track.....

You are one brave man.

So it's off to finish my company website again!

Mel

PS. Sluggo, I have 12 not including our two jokers, providing they want to play still. MH

Shari is not only a car gal, she can drive too. She out ran a lot of guys that day at the track. She's on a 2:15 lap around Laguna in that photo. I am very proud of her.
If you'll notice, she is on line and hauling the mail.

She has also never had a moving violation or been in an accident in her life. She got pulled over once but didn't get a ticket. She's a keeper !

OK, I have been getting PMs and didn't realize a couple of things.

1- first how many 54 PMs are. I am not even close to the number yet and it is still a large number. I will deal with that, no problem, just an observation.

2- as was pointed out you guys buying the number are paying $6.88 per card deck. Yes you are paying more than the guys without their cars on the deck. Here is why. I have to get the money in order to print the cards. The total is $2150. That gets them shipped to my door. Then I need to have the money to ship them out to you. That amount is unknown since I have not been to the post office. They will likely go out flat rate since you guys are spread out all over the country and over seas. Then there should be some money left to send to the fix.

So to sum up the money thing it is roughly $40 per number for the printing alone which includes setup and shipping to me. The other $15 is for shipping of 8 decks to you and some to the fix.

I think we should focus on getting the cars for the faces and then I will revisit the cost thing and see where we are at.

3- gathering all the pics. I didn't realize when I started this how tough that would be. It is kind of like herding flies.

So, here is my solution. 1- lets get the signups for the numbers first. then I will call for the pics. I will need the pics sent to me in tiff or gif and you will be responsible to crop them and get them the way you want them. They need to be 300 dpi. If you do not know how to do this I know there are lots of people here that know how to do it and will gladly help. Lets not fret over this yet as we are not even close to step one. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. When you have your pic ready, I will attempt to setup a site where you can upload it to making things easy and ensuring I don't inadvertently forget someone.

The last thing I need I think has to come from the founders of the board. WTF do you want on the back of the card as far as a logo? I, putting a bit of thought to this had been talking to a member and have changed my mind after reading his PM and totally agree with him...so, I am going to suggest that we use Kats little graphic of the Mustang rearend with "Stangfix" on it and 2-the-bar as the plate.

Let's hear what you think.

Also lets get people to get their names to me to get the card numbers full since if this doesn't happen we won't have a deck and everything else is mute!

Sorry for the long response.

Now off to chop up some firewood!

Mel

"sigtauenus" said:
Great work. Only comment is that everything else is moot. Unless you meant it can't talk.

OK, so I was writing fast and didn't proof read my stuff....

So, now I'm off to chop some firewood.

Mel

I'll work on the logo for the backs.
Do they a size
preference for the pictures?

Can you get me the dimensions of the cards they will use?

I vote to use Kat's signature pic for the back of the card.

But seriously since I'm not a card player and would want to use both Red and Shag, paying $55x2 is too steep for me.
I also would not want/need 16 deck of cards.

Pete, I believe it may be time to move forward just a bit. Scary will be the King of Hearts since John is truely the King of Hearts!

Don't you think it would be a bit much to have it on the back too?

I came to this conclusion after consulting with another member so I can not take the credit. I agree with him though when he says maybe we should scale back a bit and let the healing process begin. I will not give up who and if he wants to come forward he can, but I think it best to just sit in the shadows at this point.

I don't want to sound harsh, just realistic.

Sluggo is working on the back right now also.

thanks to all input, now let's get out there and get enough cars!

You can help other members by paying for their cars to be on a card too you tight ars b@stards..... :yah

Don't make me email Nick and get pics of his car filled with :gs....

Mel

Believe me, I moved forward a long time ago and that is a whole different story.

I was thinking of it on the back instead of the card face. Doesn't really matter to me but my thought is there is no usable Stangfix logo on short notice. Unless someone develops one and says this is it without member input.....it will take time. I thought you were going for a Christmas time frame.

I agree with Craig on the cost in some ways too so I guess my input is as a bystander................

As Craig has so aptly pointed out, some of us have multiple cars and want to use both of them. I would like to use both and the before pic of the Captain America car.

This as it stands now is $55 x 3 and as was pointed out steep.

Some of us can afford to finance the entire deck purchase. You guys know who you are. It is not necessary for us to know either.

Anyway, I am not even close to the 54 pics needed. some people like the two jokers cards and the King of Hearts are taken and those two Jokers were volunteered. Should they pay? Do we want their cars on the cards as well? Of course we do. And I think those cards should be free. Which brings us to 51 cards to foot the bill.

OK, so let's once again focus on getting the right number of car pics first. I am still visiting with vendors to get a better price on lower quantities.

So, that being said, the price will certainly go down! It will likely go down dramatically since we have found vendors that will do smaller quantities and even though the cards are more per deck the total out of pocket is less.

So get the idea here? Like I said above we need the car pics first! If you want to back out after I get the pics because I can not find a good enough price for you then do it. I reserve the right to add a pic from the internet then or my library even!

So let's not whine and let's get our pic on these cards! :marv

Mel

Not whining a bit, just commenting. Affording and desire to pay are two different things.

As I read.....the cost was established and was set. I really think before this goes so fast, the cost should be set....since it still seems to be up in the air.....if it is not acceptable, all the pics in the world will not do any good. You are not ordering based on Stangfix order but on what the minimum order the company will do for a set dollar amount.

Again....suggestions. I have watched many plans start with lots of power (even here) and get dropped early on due to one thing or another.

"AzPete" said:
Unless someone develops one and says this is it without member input.....it will take time. I thought you were going for a Christmas time frame.

Sluggo is making one as stated above. He doesn't need my input on HIS logo - nor yours either in my opinion. This is his house, we all just come over, visit and make a mess. He is the one who cleanes it up.

Pete, I don't want you to be hurt, so here goes!

If I have to drop it because the price is steep that is one thing and OK. But I am not even going to get into serious negotiations with a vendor until I have what I need to produce it! So, stop putting the horse before the cart!

Pete do you want your car in the deck? Or, do you just want to buy a deck? Or just voicing a concern?

If this is harsh I am sorry, but I can not go forward until I have enough pics.

I trust Sluggo to make a kewl logo.

No more fighting about anything, just let me know if you guys want your cars on the list. We should be able to get enough cars right?

Mel

"70 StangMan" said:
Now that I think about it I recieved a pack of these cards several years ago in a W.E. exchange. I never knew that there were pictures of members cars on them so I never opened the pack. :shrug Guess I'll gome home and shuffle thru them.

Make sure you find the $100 bill I stuck in there between the Ace of spades and two of hearts. :part

If anyone just has to have an old set of these I have a few laying around I use with WE gifts every year but if you just have to have
one make me an offer and I can't refuse and Santa may just come early this year.

Mark (Bite Me) or formally known in other life as (My Toys)

"70_Fastback" said:
Sluggo is making one as stated above. He doesn't need my input on HIS logo - nor yours either in my opinion. This is his house, we all just come over, visit and make a mess. He is the one who cleanes it up.

Agree 100%.....just seem to remember something a while back about developing a logo with members input.

"guruatbol" said:
Pete, I don't want you to be hurt, so here goes!

If I have to drop it because the price is steep that is one thing and OK. But I am not even going to get into serious negotiations with a vendor until I have what I need to produce it! So, stop putting the horse before the cart!

Pete do you want your car in the deck? Or, do you just want to buy a deck? Or just voicing a concern?

If this is harsh I am sorry, but I can not go forward until I have enough pics.

I trust Sluggo to make a kewl logo.

No more fighting about anything, just let me know if you guys want your cars on the list. We should be able to get enough cars right?

Mel

To old to be hurt by internet discussions.

To me, getting a price would be first....no big deal.

Sure, count me in for now, also voicing an opinion.

I agree on Sluggos ability.

Who's fighting?

Just FYI.. I'm not paying to have my ugly rustang on cards. Not this year anyway. Maybe after she looks WAY better in a year or two. :roll

Back