• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang playing cards

My car is no beauty queen. Its just a driver with flat paint. But if we need to fill spots I would put it on a card.

Otherwise I don't want to take a spot from a more deserving car on here. We have so many cars that would be a better choice than mine.

OK, for those that think the pricing is too high...

1- I have and will continue to do my best to make it affordable to all as usual when I do things like Knott's for everyone.
2- I have looked at about ten vendors. after looking at them again I have noted that yes we can get fewer number of decks and yes the total cost is less. The drawback is you only get 2 decks and the cost per deck is higher.

So, I am still looking and waiting for samples to arrive.

I will not publish a price until I have all the commitments in PM form sent to me and there is enough to fill the deck.

I would like to point out that when I started this I posted a price that included $5 to the fix and was told the cost per deck was too high. That price was lower than the now $55 and that is how I got to the $55 number because with 8 free decks the cost per deck was lower!

So, when I have enough cars I will negotiate a price with the vendors and then post it and we can go from there!

Mel

PS. a new post before I finished was sent. This is not a beauty contest. all cars are deserving, so if you want your car on a card then send me a PM and we'll put it in. First come first serve. MH

"RapidRabbit" said:
My car is no beauty queen. Its just a driver with flat paint. But if we need to fill spots I would put it on a card.

Otherwise I don't want to take a spot from a more deserving car on here. We have so many cars that would be a better choice than mine.

I disagree. You card deserves a spot like any other car here IMO.

"RapidRabbit" said:

I drive mine daily plus it lives outside.......it is still a Mustang and on this site so go for it if you want to.

Something else to consider is how will each car be identified? Is someone going to add some text to each pic with the name of the owner? Should the pic be a vertical shot vs horizontal?

Agree with the sentiments above my reply here. There will always be cars in a project status here. Be proud of what you have now. It was mentioned a couple times doing this again in a couple years with different cars. Today we have 719 members and seem to have a problem getting 50 people to commit. I have a sense that this may not happen at all right now let alone a second time in a couple years.

If the raw cost is $40 and the extra $15 is for shipping and Stangfix, then the price breaks mentioned before do make sense. I didn't actually do the math and thought $55 was the raw cost thus my previous disagreement with discounts.

I also will throw out that I think having the cards by Christmas would be nice, but imposes a time crunch element here that is not necessary may be a distraction to getting this done at all. I like the idea of having the deck of cards and really don't care if I have them in time for Christmas this year. I can just as easily sock them away and give them away next Christmas.

How about we do this, Mel start another topic on this and Sluggo make it a sticky. That way Mel retains the ability to edit it and its easy to reference as the top post in the thread. In that post, keep a running list of who exactly wants to have their car(s) pictured and a second running list of those who want to purchase deck(s) but don't want their car on a card.

At the end of the day, given the current pricing model, we need to buy 1080 decks. For every 50 decks or so that are purchased without pics, that is 1 less that the people who submit pics have to buy. This thought goes back to the idea of a running list of who wants in on this. As the list of those who just want a deck grows, perhaps to 50 or 100, or 150, etc, that in turn means that the buy-in for those who want to be pictured decreases, maybe to the point that many of us with multiple cars decide to submit multiple pics.

Also, Mel, looking back over your posts, something is missing on the math. You said 1080 cards and $2150. Dividing by 50, thats $43 and 21 decks each. Was the $2150 for 1080 decks?

Well, I would love to be in on this myself, but the budget is super tight right now with a recent transmission repair on the daily driver and Christmas right around the corner.

Maybe if things haven't been sewn up here in a couple of weeks I can jump in. Or if perhaps a lower price becomes a possibility.

Besides Gert being ugly lol, budget won't allow me to do anything this time of year. I have a car club Christmas party/WE exchange, StangFix WE, plus my sons Bday is Dec 9th and Christmas.

I don't think we should try to have this done by Christmas. Reading through all the VMF posts about the cards it seems it took more than 6 months for those cards to come to fruition and Angelo BARELY got them by Christmas.

I've been holding back on submitting my '67 in favor of better choices, but I'll go ahead and submit it now.

As for orientation of the pictures, I think it should be left up to each person submitting pictures. Vertical, horizontal, diagonal, it doesn't matter.

Frank

"sigtauenus" said:
I want to do mine in a 3-D oblique.

I think getting it done by Christmas is going to cause it to wind up being a haphazard endeavor at best. Not to doubt anyone'sabilities, just being realistic.

If we're going to do it, they need to be first class. Logo needs to be flawless, car pics need to be oriented which ever way suits the pic not the car.

Personally, I'd like to have the time to remove all the backgrounds and just have the car and the user info on the card. I think background clutter will distract from the objective.
We can also incorporate the text into the artwork so we don't get stuck with standard fonts on every card. I'd like to see each card be unique like the COTM banners are.

It's certainly not going to hurt to slow it down a bit. We can be way more creative with this if we take out time.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
I don't think we should try to have this done by Christmas. Reading through all the VMF posts about the cards it seems it took more than 6 months for those cards to come to fruition and Angelo BARELY got them by Christmas.

I've been holding back on submitting my '67 in favor of better choices, but I'll go ahead and submit it now.

As for orientation of the pictures, I think it should be left up to each person submitting pictures. Vertical, horizontal, diagonal, it doesn't matter.

Frank

I'll have mine upside down, of course

"cmayna" said:
Something else to consider is how will each car be identified? Is someone going to add some text to each pic with the name of the owner? Should the pic be a vertical shot vs horizontal?

Craig, I have thought of all of that, I have a plan.

But first let's get 40 or so more people's cars.

Mel

Back