• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My opinion on the sale of the other site

"cmayna" said:
Sorry, I can't buy it. To me if you are a moderator of another forum, you are 100% commited to it. To belong to yet another forum, you are simply snooping.

:wtf

You sure you want to lay that one out there?

There's a "fact" for ya. I consider Craig a friend. I hope that he rethinks his comments. If he doesn't, it's a good example of loosing sight of the love of Mustangs.

I think we've lost the fact that we all are here and there because we love our Mustangs. Too much bickering on both sides have created a rift and it's really too bad. Probably if we all would pause a couple of minutes before posting, there would be less problems. It's too bad it has escalated on both sides.

Stan,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Unfortunately, I sometimes use these forums to vent and it get's me in trouble. I understand that it's my fault and not anyone elses. I don't "blame" the admin/mod staff for any of the decisions they've made concerning me.

If I were a mod over there, would I do things differently? I dunno, maybe. But it's not my call to make.

The bottom line is we're all very different people with many different views on everything that happen to share a common interest in classic Mustangs. After awhile, I suppose it's akin to attending a family reunion every day and eventually unloading with both barrels or your weirdo second cousin. When this happens there is usually a rift throughout the family until some time has passed and the "forgive and forget" mentality creeps back in. Our virtual Mustang family is no different than our real families. There are good times and there are bad. Shit happens, get over it. Will any of the "catastrophic" events that happen on these forums really matter five years from now? I hope not. There's a lot more to life than wasting energy staying mad at someone.

On this note.....

I was recently contacted by Brian (BBenthin) and asked to openly rejoin their community (I was there occasionally under a different username). My initial reaction was "WTF?" "What's all this about?" It has never been their mantra to contact banned members for re-instatement of priveleges. Are some of their past decisions being re-thought? Or are they just concerned that a large portion of the "old guard" members have left?

I dunno what's going on or what to think.

I'd like to think that there's no underlying motive for asking me to re-join their community.... that their intent is a true act of "forgive and forget".

If it is a true act of "bury the hatchet" and "let's all tolerate each other again", why can't Bob, Brian, Nick or Todd become a regular here? There's not a heck of a lot to moderate over here, that's for sure! I believe the largest act of moderation I've ever made here is to change someones "ass" to "a$$" in one of the un-passworded forums. Whoop-t-freakin'-do!

Is it a feeling of loss of power... not being a moderator over here? If that's the case, I'll give anyone of them my mod powers as an act of faith. It ain't that big of a deal to me.

So here's the callout.... 68Fastwilliams, ObsidianSpider, BBenthin, DodgeStang and Bob.... you guys are all welcome to be a part of our family. We're right here waiting for you. Some people are upset with some of your decisions, but you know what? They'll get over it! Come on over and answer some of the questions that friends of 10+ years have of you. Could it get ugly? Maybe for a little while. There are obvious frustrations that need to be aired out from both sides. Get it done. Friendships that are attended to will never end.

Stan, Laurie or BobV.... please bring my comments to the VMF Admin/Mod team.

While I'm a relative newb[3 years in the hobby,2 years at VMF]and I don't know the details of any of the scandals,rifts,etc. that caused such a downfall of a once good site, I doo see a lot of anger in some of the posts, and a lot of comments from folks who don't care. I think alot of times things come across the internet not how the OP intended. That and also the anonymity sometimmes brings out a side you would not normally see. I'd like to think that if we all were face to face we'd realize how petty some of this is. Then again I'm sure there are some legitimate beefs[Got Beef?? :rp] Perhaps a good doob and a valium might help?? :craz I'll say it, Can't we all just get along???

I think we were both having similar thoughts Dave, you said alot of what I was thinking, right at the same time....

Jeez, what happened during my longwinded reply?

My "short version" response....

Laurie is on the MCA BOD. She's a mod both here and there. What "reporting" could possibly be taking place? Is she a liar too?

You're being paranoid, call your dealer. It sounds like you got some of the good stuff and I want some too!

Thanks Dave. I'm a Mustang lover and I've put my foot in my mouth many, many times. I really don't know what Craig's problem is but I'm hoping that he gets over it. If he doesn't, I'm hoping that many people here will read his comments. I want to see us all get along. Will we? Probably not but let's keep our Mustangs first and foremost and get over our petty differences.
Stan

I've tried to post my opinion on this whole thing several times and have always felt I either was getting too long winded(a problem I have) or my point wasn't coming across clear, or I'd chicken out because I generally avoid confrontation, but I'm going to try again to post this.

One of the things about this "rift" that annoys me is HOW MUCH we talk about VMF over here. While I understand there are some hurt feelings, and some angry people (and I don't deny anyone their right to be upset), I feel like the amount of lip service that is given to the VMF here brings THIS place down. It makes me feel like a significant portion of the community here consider this place "the Un-VMF"

I refuse to define StangFix as a response or a reaction to VMF. I came here a year after StangFix started, so I wasn't here in the early early days, and so I can't claim to understand the genesis of this board, BUT I absolutely refuse to allow this place, in my mind, but be defined as the VMF snark board.

And yeah, we almost all came here through the VMF, and yeah there are a lot of banned and/or disgruntled VMF members here. But so what? We, together, this place, these people, have SO many great qualities, so much great stuff...and one of those qualities is NOT "well, it ain't the VMF."

I love both boards. I'm more comfortable, more active, and more supportive here. But In my opinion, there's more than enough internet for both of us (not to mention StangNet TheCorral, MustangSteve, etc etc etc) and to be quite honest? I feel we spend too much time here bashing the VMF.

We're free here in that we can talk about and say almost anything we want, and I say that's GREAT. That's one of the great things about StangFix. But I feel like the amount of bile spewed toward VMF and management there has reached a fever pitched, and in my opinion, it doesn't help us one iota.

Steven

I wasn't here in the early early days, and so I can't claim to understand the genesis of this board

Here, let's fix this problem right now.

Steve,

In the early days, it was just me, Sluggo, Rick and Craig. Craig just made belching sounds for the first year. You didn't miss anything.

Better?

"daveSanborn" said:
Here, let's fix this problem right now.

Steve,

In the early days, it was just me, Sluggo, Rick and Craig. Craig just made belching sounds for the first year. You didn't miss anything.

Better?

LMFAO :lol

"AtlantaSteve" said:
One of the things about this "rift" that annoys me is HOW MUCH we talk about VMF over here.

BUT I absolutely refuse to allow this place, in my mind, but be defined as the VMF snark board.

I feel we spend too much time here bashing the VMF.

I feel like the amount of bile spewed toward VMF and management there has reached a fever pitched, and in my opinion, it doesn't help us one iota.

Steven

Agreed.

In my opinion, there is not a lot of VMF bashing, there are a number of posts where members have voiced displeasure with the new layout or how they feel they were treated over there. They exist here because basically it doesnt really matter. Those posts would not exist over there and a few of the posters could not have posted them over there anyway. I post on both sites, I surf both sites. Have I bad mouthed VMF, not to my knowledge.

Have I gone over there and tried to recruit members for this site, no. I have however told a few people that it is easier to reach me here. Have I posted pictures with the stangfix water mark, yes, because I think its funny as shit that they had blocked that just from this site and no others.

I'm gonna agree with Rick.
I'll expand on it a bit though. I think the threads about VMF seem to dominate the site because they are like a train wreck, you just gotta look inside.

Statistically, the number of VMF posts is low. They however seem to enjoy the limelight. They are often the most popular threads, and have the most posts in them. In retrospect, not really a crowning achievement for StangFix.

It sucks sometimes from my perspective to see what I feel is an important thread be lost in the shadow of the latest VMF rant.

We've discussed this subject before and while myself and others don't particularly want to participate, we have decided it is against our minimal moderation policy.

I have no problem with any of them coming here, if for nothing else than to defend themselves.

Something you are all missing is that if discussions about StangFix were tolerated on VMF, there would be just the same amount of posts and SF bashing there. Everyone is attracted to drama, kinda like road kill... you know you gotta look, but ewwww!

Lost my internet last night and couldn't get back until this am.

Stan, Of course I was kidding. Geez, since when did anyone take me seriously. If you did, I sincerely apologize.

Thanks Craig, even though I stayed up late last night thinking of bad things I could do to you. LOL
Seriously, all I wish is that we could get past our differences and focus on our Mustangs.
Stan

Don't go there! LOL Actually I'm taking it over to a friend's shop the first weekend of Ded. to start putting it together.
Stan

Just don't call him Nick..........

Sanborn you mofo....I still belch..quite often I might add.

Back