• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My SHO is no more.

Fusion 2.0l turbo. Drive one. The other Fusion engines (and there are many) will leave you disappointed. I test drove them all.

I think the hybrid concept like the volt where there is a generator that charges the battery as needed would work well.

As I understand it the Toyota style like the Highlander my oldest has which gets 35 highway is more suitable for city driving. Both my kids with hybrids get best mph when there is some city driving.

I read that the type the Ford and Honda use works best for highway. When I was driving four hours to salt lake city I was looking at my options.

For CNG I see all makes and models. Oh, when a truck getting 15 mpg on CNG is driven any distance at all it will be the same cost as a car getting 30 on gas the same distance. Oil changes are less often with CNG and wear and tear is much less. If you can expect 200k with gas, CNG will give you 400k. No acids due to gas and oil mixing when partially burned.

You can also have CNG installed on any vehicle you want.

A new SHO would be cool for sure! I do like the turbo Fusion as well.

How about a v6 Mustang?

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Video is here:

Skip forward to about the 19:58:30 point in the video. After I round the curve you can see the truck in the distance with its hazards on. Then the hazards are turned off and you see the brake lights. Collision is just past 19:59. Sorry for the expletives ;)

Hmmmm. Maybe you need to buy one already done here in Utah?

You are welcome to stay with us while you car shop.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Frank I drove a diesel Focus in Ireland. Great acceleration and mileage. TDI Golfs are suppose to be great cars too.

Glad you're okay Frank. BTW, I know you said the driver later stated she wasn't driving but did you realize you captured audio of a woman's voice explaining she "didn't know what happened" and that her car was "not running right and overheating"?

Glad you're okay Frank. BTW, I know you said the driver later stated she wasn't driving but did you realize you captured audio of a woman's voice explaining she "didn't know what happened" and that her car was "not running right and overheating"?

Yes, it wasn't until later that she started explaining that she wasn't driving. Thinking maybe she was under the influence of something and didn't want to get in trouble for it. I just hope the CHPs on the scene were as suspicious as I am.

Hopefully they were/are good at their job. There are MANY ways to tell if a given person was driving and it doesn't take CSI to figure it out. Hoping the best for ya!

Sorry to hear about the accident, Frank.
What brand is the camera you have? I want one.

Fusions are very nice. My Mother has the previous body design and the current one is real comfortable. Ecoboost 4 cylinder is a good compromise on economy and power.

Went this morning to get the car towed home. The offending truck was parked next to my car. The owner was there as well. The truck's airbags deployed, I'm surprised at that. I have to believe if the CHP suspected she was telling a tale, they could have determined if she had airbag residue on her. I know my clothes stank like a discharged fire extinguisher. Do they put flame retardant in airbags?

Sorry to hear about the accident, Frank.
What brand is the camera you have? I want one.

Fusions are very nice. My Mother has the previous body design and the current one is real comfortable. Ecoboost 4 cylinder is a good compromise on economy and power.

It's a cheap Chinese no-name unit that was highly recommended on Amazon and a few other forums. Amazon no longer sells it, but there are lookalikes. Here's an eBay link for the one I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-NEWEST-...tal_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item4859031153

You could also just get the most popular one on Amazon right now. It doesn't have to be real fancy. Also, get two memory cards, so if you have an incident, you can just swap the card and continue on, as it constantly overwrites the oldest data.

Been out of the country for the past 10 days, glad to hear that you are relatively unscathed, Frank.
There are lots of great choices out there in the mid-sized sedan arena...
Last year I finally landed on an A4 with a 6 speed manual for my wife, we both love it! And as a bonus, maintenance is nowhere are costly as BMW or Merc...
Test drive lots of cars, as you shop around!

Went this morning to get the car towed home. The offending truck was parked next to my car. The owner was there as well. The truck's airbags deployed, I'm surprised at that. I have to believe if the CHP suspected she was telling a tale, they could have determined if she had airbag residue on her. I know my clothes stank like a discharged fire extinguisher. Do they put flame retardant in airbags?

There is a lubricant powder that keeps the bag from sticking to itself after/while its packed and to provide some slippage against you and the bag when its deployed. The odor could also be the propellant or the ignition material. Without the lubricant powder you would get a nasty rug burn. Some people still do.

Hi Frank. That really stinks. I liked you SHO a lot. I hope you're not too banged up. I drive a 2014 Fusion SE for work. It is a good car.

As Mark stated, airbags are packed in powder. Some people get a worse abrasion on their forearms than others. I have never seen anyone WITHOUT some abrasion...even just a minor one (usually just a slight redness). You can also check the seat belts. The belts in the occupied seats will lock from the impact. I'm not talking about the active restraint systems, they're also designed to do that. Regular modern belts will also lock at the inertia reel. It's an easy check, just try to extend one. The belts also have an indicator piece on them to show stretch, again, indicating occupancy. Two final checks are distance the seat is adjusted from the steering wheel and shoe imprints on the pedals. The shoe imprints WILL show up and I'm not referring to dust marks from dirty shoes! Regarding the seat adjustment, you'd be amazed at how many people claim they weren't driving and state someone else was. The seat distance then isn't consistent with the height of the person they claim!

BTW the airbag powder and deployment odor could be claimed by anyone in the vehicle at the time, and correctly so. Due to the fact that all of the findings would be circumstantial, a good investigator would take the totality of the evidence into account though.

I got in an accident this evening near home. Driving on highway 25 (4 lane hwy) in Hollister when I approached a pickup truck pulling onto the shoulder, brake lights on. I moved a bit to the left to give a wide berth and the truck suddenly turned left from the shoulder. I was right on top of her and only had time to move to the left lane before impact. Speed was about 45mph. Luckily, I have a dash cam, although it was 9 PM and not a lot of detail, but it plainly shows what happened. Air bags are amazing. They sit there for years, decades, doing nothing, then BOOM! They suddenly do their job! I seem to be ok, just scrapes and swelling on my right arm and wrist.

Been thinking about a replacement for the SHO (now more urgent), since it's up to about 225,000 miles and was piling them on quick. Thinking about a Fusion.

Frank
Sorry the SHO is gone, but glad you are not hurt. Have you looked at the Hyndai Sonata, nice car and very good reviews

Glad to hear you are OK, I liked your SHO. I drive a 2014 Fusion for work, it's good but underpowered with the base 4 cyl engine. If possible, upgrade the engine if you buy a Fusion.

Back