• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

N. Carolina delicacy

caspian65

Made a short trip to Virginia this past weekend. On the way back home, stopped in a gas station around Rocky Mount, NC. There was a large table section with coffee and all the fix'ins. As I walked around, couldn't help but notice the crock pot, simmering away with a southern delicacy. Couldn't resist taking a picture... but no, I didn't get any of them (I actually think they are disgusting!)

The problem with the convenience store peanuts is that they are boiled in a factory, bagged or canned there, shipped out, waiting who knows how long, until they are put in the crock-pot and warmed back up. They are fine when you're in a pinch, but nothing on freshly boiled.

Your best bet for purchased boiled peanuts is some guy who has a big pot in his front yard, and a sign he puts up when they're ready, or an old guy working a farmer's mart.

MMMM...Man I need some now. Fortunately I know a place that sells them on the way home :)

Actually your best bet is not to purchase them at all. I could take all the turds my min-pin (miniature doberman) drops, bag em up, give 'em to you guys and you'd never know the difference. All I'd really have to do is spit on the turds to keep 'em slimy. How 'bout it boys? Cookout at my house? Give me a couple weeks to collect enough "snacks" for 'ya.

mmm mmmm MMMMM!!

26_11_10_09_1_35_23_1.jpg

26_11_10_09_1_35_23_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"AtlantaSteve" said:
The problem with the convenience store peanuts is that they are boiled in a factory, bagged or canned there, shipped out, waiting who knows how long, until they are put in the crock-pot and warmed back up. They are fine when you're in a pinch, but nothing on freshly boiled.

Your best bet for purchased boiled peanuts is some guy who has a big pot in his front yard, and a sign he puts up when they're ready, or an old guy working a farmer's mart.

MMMM...Man I need some now. Fortunately I know a place that sells them on the way home :)

This from the same group of people who think nothing of putting collards in their mouths...

:barf It must be an acquired taste, cause I tried them once, and couldn't spit them out fast enough. :barf

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
is that a boiled peanut or did you injure another one of your toes ????

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:stfu :nk

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Back