• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Progress

Not sure on the size but what about the MUSTANG 2+2 from the '65 fender.......
636S-B.jpg

What about going to the dealer the ca was first sold from and gettting one of their logos and have a plastic deal made like many of the dealers put on the cars now?

Maybe they would have one. You could use any Ford dealer, but the one it was first sold from would be cool.

Mel

What about the SHELBY badge that was typically located on the RH side of the tailight panel?

"guruatbol" said:
What about going to the dealer the ca was first sold from and gettting one of their logos and have a plastic deal made like many of the dealers put on the cars now?

Maybe they would have one. You could use any Ford dealer, but the one it was first sold from would be cool.

Mel

Not a bad idea. Is there some way to determine the original dealership? Maybe since a Ford dealer in town is the sponser of the local Mustang club, they'd give me one...

"Midlife" said:
What about the SHELBY badge that was typically located on the RH side of the tailight panel?

I could use a “GT� emblem since those are my initials…

"AzPete" said:
Any good to complain to the body man......

Part of the long sad story... Body was done over 4 years ago before I bought the car. Recently, I've taken it away from that shop and I'm not willing to delay any longer to get them filled; maybe if I repaint some day...

What about one of those Powered by Ford or Powered by 289 badges like on the AC Cobras?

em-289-300x128.jpg

Or a Terlingua Racing badge?

Terlingua-decal2.jpg

Not sure if either of those would cover but they could look cool without destroying the classic look.

I know Mustangs Unlimited sells a Tasca Ford emblem too.

16229TF-C.jpg

Last thing I could think of would be to go with the 72 Sprint Edition USA Shield. It's pretty large so should cover those holes.

DF-388.jpg

And on the car...

1971-1972-1973-ford-mustang-80.jpg

"68stang289" said:
What about one of those Powered by Ford or Powered by 289 badges like on the AC Cobras?

em-289-300x128.jpg

Do you have a source for the "Powered by Ford/289" badge?

"68stang289" said:
Mustangs Unlimited says the Powered by Ford emblem is 4" x 1" so it wouldn't work.

I found one on ebay that claims to have that 4 1/2" magical number for you.

I find it very hard to believe those emblems are any different...my guess is one of those sellers is either incorrect, or they're rounding in opposite directions. But I suppose anything is possible.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
I find it very hard to believe those emblems are any different...my guess is one of those sellers is either incorrect, or they're rounding in opposite directions. But I suppose anything is possible.

I would venture to guess you are correct on that. I saw one ad for that emblem and it showed it at a smidge over 4 1/4". My guess would be that Steve is correct and that Mustangs Unlimited would rather undersell and the ebay guy is overselling the size (imagine that? :pbj ).

Maybe email the ebay guy and see if he can send you a picture with the emblem above a ruler so you'll know for sure?

"68stang289" said:
Maybe email the ebay guy and see if he can send you a picture with the emblem above a ruler so you'll know for sure?

Good idea. Thanks for the help, guys.

I have this great magnetic decal I could be persuaded to part with :wm?

DecalSmall.jpg

Why install an emblem to cover the holes? Unless it's a "dealer" emblem, it's going to look "odd".

Personally, I'd install a couple of plastic push pins into the holes until the time came for a more permanent repair. I'm sure you could find a green paint close enough to the body color to match the heads of the plastic pins.

Push-In-Rivet-2HY64_AS01.JPG

I was thinking similar to dave but perhaps a thin profile metal button painted body color. It might blend in a little nicer.

You could most likely find a plug you could trim and glue in place from the inside, leaving a flat, flush surface to touch up on the outside.

"daveSanborn" said:
Why install an emblem to cover the holes? Unless it's a "dealer" emblem, it's going to look "odd".

Personally, I'd install a couple of plastic push pins into the holes until the time came for a more permanent repair. I'm sure you could find a green paint close enough to the body color to match the heads of the plastic pins.

Push-In-Rivet-2HY64_AS01.JPG

Actually, I got the left over paint when I took the car. The guy finishing the car is a painter so he should be able to come up with something.

I did, however, like this one. It does, in fact, have a Hurst Shifter...

EMH50.jpg

Back