• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Random thoughts on the Noobies on the VMF

I use both forums good people on both. I guess when vmf got bought out my screen name change thats my only problem on there. Im a noob and I come in peace :thu

"buckeyedemon" said:
here is an example of why post count has little value (at least from a technical perspective).

PostCount.jpg

Personally, i dont see a point to posts like these. Your bitching about fluff, and padding your numbers with it at the same time.

I would also like to mention that it appears that duane is being called out for all his technical info in the political forums as these appear to be his stats.

:part

"lethal289" said:
Personally, i dont see a point to posts like these. Your bitching about fluff, and padding your numbers with it at the same time.

I would also like to mention that it appears that duane is being called out for all his technical info in the political forums as these appear to be his stats.

:part

the point of that post was to illustrate why post count doesn't imply a person as being experienced or knowledgalbe (from a technical mustang perspective. maybe they are about guns). it also doesn't mean they aren't. if you recall the original post mentioned people with low post counts on VMF.

i don't believe i'm bitching, just responding to the original message. i could care less if a person has 1 post or 20,000. i look at the content of the post.

you caught me. I'm trying to pad my post count of 300 by adding two posts.

if you're a moderator, you're welcome to reset my post count.

i don't see where i attached any name to my original post. you attached someone's name. looks like you are trying to start a fight where one doesn't exist. i didn't intend to touch a nerve.

I understood buckeye's point and it's relevance perfectly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

i stand corrected. Although duane did have some outstanding technical posts :Mark on the relevance of battery tie downs, and carb rebuilds. :nut

I check in and read new posts there as well as here just about every day. I don't respond to many anymore though, it seems like questions are answered quickly on both forums and there's no point in just adding a +1 from me.

VMF...been there for the past year and still haven't been kicked out like last time when I asked who was going to Knotts.

I keep low and only post every so often. As for this place having a slow day. Yep...every day we're here with friends and slow or fast its a great community. Kind of like the days back on VMF when posts were made just for post counts and then there was MoPed Boy, Peter Pan, April fools day......now its hall monitors like back at high school...of course high school was fun.... :thu :thu :thu

Geez guys, can't we all just get along? Hell, if we want to get bitchy somebody started this thread in the wrong forum. Should've been in gumflapper's. As far as someone starting a fight, you gotta understand Jake has a real hangup about what I do. I carry him around in my pocket everywhere I go. Politics and guns getting more posts? Maybe people just like to talk a little. It's a helluva place to vent a little...you ought to try it. Post count...who really cares how many you have and what they're about. Unless you look like a dipshit everytime you post what's it matter? Noobs..........uh............everybody was one at some point and time. Banned from another site? Oh yeah, brought it on myself though. Not sure if I could get back on with the new ownership but have perused it a couple times. Like one over the other? Everybody has a preference of something but I don't see any competition really.

Back