• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Yes to the shroud. The belt looks a bit long....the span across the top should be almost flat.

I figured the belt was wrong. Just making sure I got the routing right.
Now I have to figure out a shroud. Not sure what to do there. The stock one didn't fit.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

As long as things turn the correct direction, you are ok. I would build your own shroud.

Another step forward today. I found a heater hose that was close to the bend I needed and with a little modification I was able to get the heater hoses installed. Now I can finally move on to the intake.
6b0a787b-b4e8-a686.jpg

6b0a787b-b4fb-7974.jpg

6b0a787b-b515-223b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question. I can't seem to get this any tighter. Is the nut part supposed to be all the way down on the intake?
6b0a787b-b598-d380.jpg

Re: Re: Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

"Horseplay" said:
Functionally, your fine like that as long as it is tight and leak-proof.

That was my concern. I don't want to get everything together and have a major leak there.

Did you use any sealant on the threads? I just picked a set of tubes up from a guy on Corral.net and noticed some sealant on the threads. kip

No I didn't. I want sure if it was needed. Maybe I should pop it back off and put some on?

That fitting is NPT (pipe thread). If you try to wrench it down too tight you'll end up cracking the intake. Mine had a red colored sealant on it when I pulled it (appeared to original), more like a tape than RTV. It certainly doesn't hurt a thing to apply a little RTV to those threads though.

Really nice find on the heater hoses. They look like they were specifically made for that application! Keep up the good work! :thu

Yeah, I stopped tightening because I was afraid I might damage something.

The hoses worked out pretty well. I bent a coat hanger up to the bend I needed and carried it around to every parts store in town to get the right bend. The only problem is that I had to do a splice under the dash to mate them up. I got them from o'reillys .

I was looking in the dash while doing the heater hoses and look at this mess. Holy wire nuts Batman. PO Put in an alpine cd player. Sad since I only have one speaker in the dash. Time to clean that up while I'm in here I guess.
a6898ca9-7dae-e881.jpg

Looks pretty typical of the kind of work I have to do every weekend!

However, I don't blame PO's...I love 'em! Keeps me employed and money in my pocket!

Re: Re: Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

"Midlife" said:
Looks pretty typical of the kind of work I have to do every weekend!

However, I don't blame PO's...I love 'em! Keeps me employed and money in my pocket!
I put that on here just for you. Lol
I know you love those wire nuts.

Wire nuts.....grrrrrrr! :rant The only thing worse is twist and wrap with tape! With that said, how many toes did I just step on?!! :hide LOL

................you strip off about 1/2" of insulation not concerned with the strands you cut, twist the wires together (backwards), screw on a large wire nut (reversed to the twist earlier), wrap the exposed bare wire with black elec. tape not worrying about the few wire strands poking thru the tape, and then attach that to the harness next to it with duct tape.............learned my wiring skills on the net.

:sarc

Not scotch tape? Boy I have a lot learn. Good thing I have all you guys to set me straight.

Back