• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix Challenge!

Here's "Thundar"...

And.... the one pretty woman who works here really doesn't want her pic on the webs, soooooooo :beat

"cmayna" said:
Now, how do we know these pics are taken today? Hmmmmmm

Cuz I'm to lazy to go to the hassle of renaming the pictures to make it look as if they were taken today...

WaldoproAndRedAtWork.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely NOT be participating today.

Running an errand this morning in our little daily driver the serp. belt snapped. Mostly due to I assume to the AC compressor clutch that was causing an excessive load on the belt. I just replaced the AC compressor/clutch last weekend and noticed that the "newly rebuilt" clutch was likely bad out of the box. Replacing the compressor/clutch again was on my list of "things to do". It just got bumped up a lot higher on the list... to tonight probably. While sitting in a parking lot stranded waiting for Joe to come pick me up I made the arrangements to get another AC comp/clutch ready for me to pick up (store is throwing in a new serp. belt and a can of R-134). So Joe pulls up and says "why is the truck making a funny humming noise?" I dunno, sounds frontend related to me. I drop Joe off and head off to the alignment rack where my mechanic buddy tells me it's not the alignment, but the front hubs. Great. $175 a piece. So now our DD is out of commision and the truck is running a close second.

I don't dare to even attempt to drive the Mustang today. Two broke vehicles.... one still stranded in an in-town parking lot that I'll have to tow home this evening and fix.... is enough for me and I don't want to push my luck.

I probably wouldn't have taken her to work on a 100 degree (110 heat index) day without AC without this incentive, but now I'm glad I did. Thank's Rick. :5
WORKDAY004.jpg

Well, I think Dave's bad luck rubbed off on me.... I spent my lunch hour at Discount tire getting my tire patched....pics to follow....

The pencil is for reference, it was one big @$$ nail....

Taking care of my daughter today. She had gall bladder removal performed this morning so we are at her place helping her out. No Wattles either........... :po

0716001229.jpg

Rather than add to the excuses, I at least went out to the garage and had my 4 year old take a picture of me making engine noises with my lips.

427_16_07_10_11_24_47_0.jpg

"sigtauenus" said:
Rather than add to the excuses, I at least went out to the garage and had my 4 year old take a picture of me making engine noises with my lips.

427_16_07_10_11_24_47_0.jpg

Your running a little lean.....

"tarafied1" said:
okay I work from home but here is a shot of the car in the Staples parking lot.

Nice red Mustang you parked your soccer mom mini van behind........... :lol

I can always count on Pete for an uplifting comment!

I don't know what it is/was... "jumpin' jap scrap" I think.

I was going to make a joke about it being a Prius, but on second glance I wasn't sure. Might be a Saturn something or other.

Weird looking at our cars in a parking lot next to other cars. Its like our cars are "compact" by comparison to today's vehicles.

Back