• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix Challenge!

"sigtauenus" said:
Weird looking at our cars in a parking lot next to other cars. Its like our cars are "compact" by comparison to today's vehicles.

Agreed, the car next to mine is an Audi A6, not a huge car, but much larger than the Mustang.
index.php

Ok, since I'm still unemployed, I just took my car for a drive. It was a bit tricky, too. As some of you may know, I've been trying to sort out a driveline vibration, and my car had the driveshaft removed... until this afternoon. After picking up my new driveshaft this morning (new slip yoke installed and rebalanced), I installed it in the car, and then took it for a test drive. Good news... my vibration issue is now resolved!!! To celebrate I stopped by a local beer store and picked up a 12 pack of cold corona.

Here's a pic at the beer store.

31_16_07_10_2_11_48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this challenge Rick. On another forum I used to go to they had a picture challenge ongoing. Each one would be like a "picture of your car at McDonald's" "picture of your car at a National Monument" like a scavenger hunt. They required two photo's at different angles and the whole car had to be in photo. Members got to vote if they thought it was real or met the challenge. It was kinda neet. Maybe we keep this up?

"tarafied1" said:
I like this challenge Rick. On another forum I used to go to they had a picture challenge ongoing. Each one would be like a "picture of your car at McDonald's" "picture of your car at a National Monument" like a scavenger hunt. They required two photo's at different angles and the whole car had to be in photo. Members got to vote if they thought it was real or met the challenge. It was kinda neet. Maybe we keep this up?

Hmmmmmm, I've got an idea or two....lemme run them by some of the powers that be...

Spent the day at Heartland Park for the first day of Pinks All Out. My buddy Dean was entered with his 80 Capri. He just finished his last chemo treatment for lymphoma 3 weeks ago! Thankfully, they say it's in remission.

It was 100* at the track today and was glad I drove a car with A/C.

Dean's Capri

DeanCapriMedium.jpg

My favorite gas pumps

07161101Medium.jpg

Inside during tech

07161115Medium.jpg

and a really nice Mustang!

07161130Medium.jpg

All of the cars there (540) were 10-12.99 runners. Dean predicted he'd run a 10.50 and he ran a 10.51, pretty smart guy! Tomorrow they qualify, then pick the final 32 that'll run for the cash. Sadly, I will not be there. We leave for Cedar Point Amusement Park tomorrow morning. Not sure I'll have much amusement with a damaged rib :rp

"Fast68back" said:
Looks sharp Mike! Damn my cell takes HUGE pictures

Holy big picture, Batman!

Yeah, my cell takes HUGE pictures too, but I dumb down the resolution before I post them.

"tarafied1" said:

That would be fun!!

It's too hot outside today, last I saw temp was 105 outside. I can't stand driving with no AC and getting a sweaty hiney from hot seats. :craz We had to drop my kids off at my mother-in-laws for the weekend (she lives an hour away), so took the family car for that so no mustang pics. I did plan on going to a cruise in tonight here in a couple hours. Would a picture from that work?

Alright here are my shots. I don't have internet access at work, so I had to wait until I got home.

At work
DSC01052.jpg

The drive home
DSC01053.jpg

"RapidRabbit" said:
Alright here are my shots. I don't have internet access at work, so I had to wait until I got home.

At work
DSC01052.jpg

The drive home
DSC01053.jpg

There's an entire Under Armor store? They have like 1 rack at department stores! How much stuff in that store??

"sigtauenus" said:
There's an entire Under Armor store? They have like 1 rack at department stores! How much stuff in that store??

They are a new store. Not open until next week.

"Fast68back" said:
Agreed, the car next to mine is an Audi A6, not a huge car, but much larger than the Mustang.
index.php

Don't have to imagine that. It looks like you took an "actual size" picture.

"tarafied1" said:

Great idea. I like it!

I will definitely NOT be participating today.

I lied. With the serp belt broken on our DD and the front hubs whining on my truck I decided to drive the '66 down to the office to pick Gabby up at quiting time. On the way home I stopped by our local strip club and snapped a picture (of the car outside the club).

Of course it'll only take me another week or so to actually get the picture loaded up as we have home PC problems.

That looks like the one down the road from the front gate. Is that the strip club with the one legged midget dancer? I never saw her personally, but I heard Marines talk about her. :lol

Back