• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix's 28th Annual California's Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
StangFix's 28th Annual
California's Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

Again by popular demand MITM will again be in the lovely and scenic Pismo Beach. There’s something about the ocean view from all the rooms that the ladies just seem to like. Of course the pool and spa with the same views help too.

The dates for the 52nd annual MITM will be:
September 24-25-26
The hotel of choice:
The fine Kon Tiki Inn www.kontikiinn.com

Not the cheapest hotel by any means but it’s a weekend that the wives really enjoy because of its location and views.
Please contact and reserve a room ASAP. I visited there this past Friday and talked to the front desk girl named ‘Delona’. I explained our group and she noted that the early reservations get first choice of rooms and our plan is to request a few rooms on the north end of the building on the ground floor so we can all hang out outside a room on the lawn.
So when you call ask for Delona and mention that you are with the ‘Mustang group’ (I figured noting StangFix would be too confusing to one not involved in the hobby). Request a ground floor room at the north end of the building or on the second floor above a existing ‘Mustanger’ on the ground floor.

Here’s the agenda:
Friday meet up at Kon Tiki with the usual look at cars and have a drink….or two
Dinner Friday we’ll walk to Giuseppe’s http://www.giuseppesrestaurant.com/
And I’ll try to get the back room like last year (it was a great room).
After dinner relax outside a ground floor room with talk and drinks.

Saturday:
After a casual morning breakfast wherever you choose we will join up (at a time to be determined) for a nice cruise that SacBill searched out last year. This cruise will head north into some nice wine country with a few wineries as pit stops. A nice cruise will then be ended back at KonTiki’s pool and spa.
A easy going day with lots of ‘ME’ time. Go shopping, walk downtown, walk the beach, pull and engine. Hey do what you want.

Saturday night dinner will be changed though from previous years. This year, no driving to a crowded restaurant. The ‘plan’? Order up some pizzas and hang at a ground floor room/lawn and drink the earlier purchased vino and sit around and enjoy the place. Use the pool, spa, the view and enjoy the company.

Sunday, its time to drive home which for some is a nice cruise also. Maybe I can talk the NorCaler’s into taking PCH all the way to Monterey.

So get your reservations made at Kon Tiki and I hope we have a good turn-out.

Oh and let me know if you are coming. Nothing really to keep track of just need a head count to get the room at Giuseppe’s.

KBMWRS
Mike :vic

Stang Fix 14th semi-annual MITM Committee, 34th year running

Re: StangFix’s 28th Annual California’s Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

ahem, ahem, already booked my room full of hot chicks, candles and oils. OH.....sorry wrong forum. But we'll be there anyhow.

I just need one of these! :wha

Mel

We are all booked! Really looking forward to it. I hope to have my car done. Work sucks right now but I need to get the car done and enjoy it.

Justin, I beat you! LOL
Stan

So Stan are ya driving that thing to MITM?

I wish I were but that's the beginning of the school year and my kids would be totally ticked that I would miss some days! (And I'm sure my boss would have a few words too.
Stan

So there will be three fastbacks there.

That's it????? :shy

Come on people you better book your room. This place is popular.

"aslan" said:
I wish I were but that's the beginning of the school year and my kids would be totally ticked that I would miss some days! (And I'm sure my boss would have a few words too.
Stan

Stan:

To clarify, MITM is a Friday through Sunday event so at most you would be loosing one work day (Friday). At best, you might consider leaving for Pismo after work on Friday and then miss no time from work. If you were able to hit the road around 3:00 p.m. on Friday, you would most likely be able to join the rest of the group for dinner on Friday. Give it some thought....

Regards, Jeff

"KBMWRS" said:
So there will be three fastbacks there.

That's it????? :shy

Come on people you better book your room. This place is popular.
I'm gonna try and make it, so there could be 4. Trying to talk the SWMBO in to taking a little road trip!!

"66gt350" said:
I'm gonna try and make it, so there could be 4. Trying to talk the SWMBO in to taking a little road trip!!

Rob, you and Sabrina would have a great time. There's plenty of group activities, but plenty of "alone" time with significant others. Did we mention that ALL rooms have a great view of the ocean?

It is way too soon for me to know if I will be there. If I can I will, but without one of my cars. I would love to visit the area since I have two daughters there.

Mel

This year will involve driving and drinking....okay we do that every year but this time it will be a wine tour. :) :pbj

I'm bustin my toosh off to get Shag ready for MITM. I better see a shiaattt load of friends down there to welcome Shag into the family.

Kon Tiki Inn....tell them you're with the Mustang group

Neighbors who love Mustangs are joining us at MITM.
They called Kon Tiki and were told they were booked up.....they then mentioned they were with the 'Mustang group' and were told 'why yes we have rooms for you'.

So be forewarned....make your reservations and mention the 'Mustang group'.

drop some names so they know you know us....Gullery, Maynard, Tepper, Prochaska

"cmayna" said:
I'm bustin my toosh off to get Shag ready for MITM. I better see a shiaattt load of friends down there to welcome Shag into the family.

Craig, unfortunately, I don't know where we could possibly come up with a shiaatt load of friends for you, but we'll definitely have some critques for Shag there, making fun of complimenting the work that you've done.

I've made my reservations--at the Motel 6 again. This is a good budget alternative for anyone not wanting or needing to stay at the Kon Tiki. It's just about 2 miles up the road from there.

Frank

We made our reservations at the Kon Tiki Inn. We are thinking about going earlier to go see Hearst castle. So are looking at staying up in San Simeon for a couple of nights.

So, Rob ... are you going to tell everyone that you are coming or are you waiting for me to do it!?

Back