• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

StangFix's 28th Annual California's Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

Re: StangFix’s 28th Annual California’s Meet-In-The Middle (MITM)

Dinner Friday was great, cruise today was nice if a bit (ok, more than a bit) hot, and good times hanging out at the Inn with everyone. Even got to see a rocket launch from Vandenburg.

Everyone drive safe tomorrow. Hope to see you all next year!

Damn I wish I were in Pismo this weekend... instead I'm prepping the house for another Realtor open house this weekend.

Looking forward to some pics and a couple of stories.

I'm just a few weeks too late....I wish I were there....

Maybe I could arrange something in Vegas during the winter. with or without Mustangs. Just need to get together with everyone.

Oh, well, the bad news is I am not hanging with the group, the good news is I am almost out of debt!

Mel

So where are the stories? The pictures? Did this event even take place?

Maybe one of those myths from California..........

Maybe California fell off into the ocean...

To bad if it did cuz there would be some nice cars disappear......

CA is still here. I can only state that over the weekend I received a couple of drunk-dial collect phone calls from the Pismo/SLO (San Luis Obispo County) jail. I wasn't home to accept the charges, so I couldn't speak with anyone. Weird.

We were all good.
Drive down with Myself, Craig, Jeff, Frank and my neighbor John wemt well. We stopped at our usual diner for lunch with Jeff's wife Lynn ordering a half chef's salad the size of Mt.Everest.

Check-in at Kon Tiki was fine with our group all situated at one end of the motel so we wouldn't bother others with our talking and drinking.

Cruise on Saturday although hot for this area went well. We did realize that our cruise group wasn't much on wino crawling and the 100 degree temps didn't help. Next year we'er thjinking of cruising up to Hearts Castle or a tour or maybe riding the Pismo Dunes in rental buggies.

Saturday night we just sat around outside drinkg and ordered too many pizzas...and then on cue, as I ordered it up at exactly 21:41, Vanderburg launched a missle with satellite onboard for our amusement. Quite a show.

Here are some pics....with more at the website:
IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/kbmwrs/2010/Sep10/MITM%202010/

So who left the present on the ice chest Sunday morning?

Also word of warning to future attendees, when the group says we are moving to another spot on the lawn, you get your drunk bum up and move, otherwise you will find yourself staring at the sky as the earth starts moving under you. Although my drink was kindly returned to its original standby position next to me in my new spot.

There are entirely too many 67/8 Mustangs in those pics....Wait, I have a 67....Never mind! :lol

:cry :cry :cry :cry I am so sad to not have been there!

Mel

And there will be another one added next year. :)

"KBMWRS" said:
And there will be another one added next year. :)

Damn straight a silver GT 390 no less.

Ad a result of seeing Frank and Jeff with their fancy tilt columns I bought a complete setup today!!!!!

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Cool! Where'dja get it?

Frank

Have you checked YOUR car this morning? :lol

"KBMWRS" said:
Have you checked YOUR car this morning? :lol

Mike ratted me out. After some black spray paint I figured you would never know.

I went with a rebuilt from Perogies. They made me a good deal and didn't want to buy from fast Freddy. Steve up here didn't have everything and I didn't want to piecemeal parts.

Hope it works out!

Congratulations. Did they include the rag joint? It's unique to the tilt column.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Congratulations. Did they include the rag joint? It's unique to the tilt column.

Frank

Yes it should be everything!

Sorry we missed it :sad . Thanks for the pic's, love the one with the H.P. :lol :5

Looks like you guys had a great time.

My two year old son had a lot of fun and likes Mike's blue Mustang the best. Although he also liked the red one and the green one. He asked about all of them as we drove home. Hope to be less of a spectator next year.

Back